Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Anyone got a decent 7” analog projector?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatsune Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Anyone got a decent 7” analog projector? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I used to have a Marquee 8500, and while the tubes and optics were nice, I hated the adjustment interface. Ive grown to love a friend’s ancient Sony projector with analog controls, and it’s light enough that I can easily move it. I’d like one of these. I can converge it so much faster.

Does anyone have a decent low-end projector in the SF Bay Area?
wanderer

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Sony D50 for free a while ago up in Oregon which might make a nice road trip if it's still available:
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41895
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a toy to tinker with, that's a great hobby. Have fun with it. But if you want to watch a decent picture, you can get a used digital PJ for next to nothing, it will take basically no setup, and it will look a LOT better than any 7" projector. Those ES-focus boxes are hella fuzzy, and they get worse as they age. I had a Dwin 700 for a while. Nifty little pj, but really blurry compared to what I was used to. When I watched it I felt half blind compared to watching my (not-well-set-up and semi-defective but still much sharper) 8500. But I guess if you love your friend's Sony...
Hatsune Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but... in the first post I mentioned I once had the same marquee projector as you. The adjustment interface is clumsy and the recall system is obtuse. I don’t wish to own something like that again.

The 7” tube projector is one I am able to move and set up in a new location in under an hour. Great for an event or something like that. I can make no such appraisal of the 8500. Just doing the horrible convergence interface on there takes a good while.
archidan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that dude with the D50 in Oregon is super cool. I bet he would even help you load it in your car. you should get it.
Hatsune Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might take you up on it! Only put off by digital convergence and weight, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: