Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Blu-ray software player?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject: Blu-ray software player? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well, I tried a dozen different ways of getting my Blu-ray drive to play a Blu-ray and all I get is a title page and no audio or image. In another instance I get a black image with audio. Most software players will not work at all. I tried MakeMKV and VLC, I get no luck with that.I tried a bunch of free players and free trial versions.

Any ideas?
El Duderino

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnyDVD HD. After that I could use VLC and the free Leawo player. I generally rip to a folder first as I timeshift RedBox rentals but AnyDVD also afforded a method to play direct from the disk.

Blu-ray copy protection is so onerous on a PC that one is almost forced into using tools to get around it. Go figure.
deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnyDVD, just tried that after I posted my problem last night.

Your right, AnyDVD would work seamlessly, as soon as I put the Blu-Ray in, it would scan it and allow you to play your Blu-Ray. MPC-HC (what I have been using for years) is working best for me now, VLC, I would have to dig though the files to find the movie. A lot of the other players seem to be copies of each other and have problems. Some players would not load on the computer correctly, others would still have a black image, with only audio working.

Now all I need to do is figure out why the computer is showing 100% usage and causing video/audio problems.
griffin24

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deronmoped wrote:
AnyDVD, just tried that after I posted my problem last night.

Your right, AnyDVD would work seamlessly, as soon as I put the Blu-Ray in, it would scan it and allow you to play your Blu-Ray. MPC-HC (what I have been using for years) is working best for me now, VLC, I would have to dig though the files to find the movie. A lot of the other players seem to be copies of each other and have problems. Some players would not load on the computer correctly, others would still have a black image, with only audio working.

Now all I need to do is figure out why the computer is showing 100% usage and causing video/audio problems.

My aunt is having almost the same issue as well on her new pc. Gonna take a look at it right after my uncle and I finished installing the skid plate and suspension lift kit on his Wrangler project. Will try the AnyDVD and VLC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: