Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

G90 memory?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: G90 memory? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So I have been reading the manual and the way it explains the memory is not very clear to me right now. So far, what I understand is, there is a factory memory, a service memory and a user memory. There are 0-12 original memories, that hold scan line, Hz and KHz information. There are 150 available memories where data is stored and not erased, that is until all the memory slots are used. When the PJ is connected to a source, it recognizes the input signal type, input frequency (For RGB inputs) and uses that memory slot.

My confusion right now is, I have been looking for a place to store convergence/scan line data, like in the other PJ's I have worked with, but is there a area I go to for that. Or, it almost sounds like it does it automatically. It recognizes the input and input signal type and automatically goes there, so you can use it, such as, watch content, make adjustments to that memory. If that is true, all I need to do is set up a input signal type and input frequency and I automatically get a input memory slot set aside for me.

Can someone enlighten me on if I'm getting a understanding of memories.
AFryia

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is the same but for the little brother G-70, and this is all from my memory Sad, so, the first time you input a source one of the original memories load based on the input signal. These memories contain all the registration data. So the first thing you need to do is setup registration for all "original" memories in the range of signals you intend to use for example 3, 4, &9 on a G-70 covers DVD, OTA-HD through Bluray

On the memory screen you will see MEM 4 User 4 That says the the original memory is loaded. If you input a second source that is close but not exact to the first , the original memory 4 for example will load into the 1st available USER memory. The screen might now say User 12, convergence data will be stored here. User memories I believe store most but not all the registration data so it is important to setup the original memories.

If a third source is input it will either load into a new user memory or load an existing. If it loads an existing memory, and you do not want to mess with the convergence you can activate a third memory the Video memory. This provides a limited set of adjustments to modify the picture but not the registration/convergence data.

Hope this helps.

deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to see a memory screen come up. All I have seen is a message, when I load a new resolution, is "New Memory". Then when I reload a old saved resolution, "Existing Memory". There is another sort of memory, not sure what it is. But when you hold the memory button down for like five to ten seconds, it gets you into another area. I would have to look at again to remember what it says.
AFryia

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to pull up the menu then arrow down through the screens. I recall it being the last or second to last screen.

Here internal registration #2 loads with User memory #11. Your screen will be different being a G-90, and even the G-70 had variants based on the firmware.
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1316
When you hold the memory button you are actually saving your current settings to the active memory locations.

If you enter Service Mode or Extended Service Mode you get more menu items and all the registration and memory controls for delete and copy etc.[/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: