Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

PLEASE READ: FORUM RULES, DISCLAIMER, HOW TO DONATE

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: PLEASE READ: FORUM RULES, DISCLAIMER, HOW TO DONATE Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Rules:
  • Working projector sales are allowed, as are projector parts, non-working projectors, and anything else.
  • No fishing. All for-sale posts must include a price. Stating "or best offer" after a price is allowed of course but some sort of starting price is required in order to give buyers an idea of what is deemed acceptable. No asking for people to "contact you off forum for details or pricing".
This Buy & Sell section is run on a donation basis to offset the costs. Sold something through this site? Found a great deal? Please consider making a donation:

Disclaimer:

Any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) included within this forum or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. Curtpalme.com shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.

CURTPALME.COM IS NOT THE SELLER OR MANUFACTURER OF ANY EQUIPMENT PURCHASED THROUGH A LINKED SITE OR EXTERNAL THIRD PARTY SITES. THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER MAY HAVE PROVIDED A WARRANTY ON THE GOOD(S) PURCHASED. CURTPALME.COM HAS NOT MADE, AND DOES NOT MAKE, ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PROMISE OR COVENANT, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, QUALITY, DURABILITY, CAPABILITY, FUNCTION, PERFORMANCE, OR SUITABILITY OF THE EQUIPMENT, ITS MERCHANTABILITY OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BUYER AGREES THAT CURTPALME.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR EITHER SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE OR ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, TAMPERING, ABUSE, DAMAGE, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF BUYER'S PURCHASE OF THE EQUIPMENT, ANY DEFECTS IN THE EQUIPMENT, OR FAILURE OF SELLER/MANUFACTURER TO TIMELY DELIVER THE EQUIPMENT.

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Thu May 12, 2022 3:55 pm; edited 15 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if a portion goes to the Curt Palme beer fund ! Mr. Green
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal Add this also to the CRT forum as this is where many come for technical help, say something like this," If you used this forum and got help with a problem with your PJ and are thankful for this forum's existence either become a paying member or make a donation to keep this site going and also to offset any lose of repair work Curt may have missed out on."

PS:" sent a little X-Mass donation earlier today Very Happy

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom.W wrote:
Only if a portion goes to the Curt Palme beer fund ! Mr. Green

He doesn't drink beer; he drinks the girly peach and kool-aid flavored stuff. Although, I did drink one of his at Cliff's HT meet and it wasn't too bad. I just needed a break from the beer. Confused

wallace

zaphod

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i dropped off a donation this morning and had to remember where to do it - "club membership" still isn't intuitive to me, even after a couple or 3 years or so. that's such a nice Donate button it's a shame to hide it away Smile

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Donations Reply with quote

Great move. I think it would be easier for BOTH seller and buyer is see, and be reminded, of how this site made their deal possible. Can the donation button be auto-inserted in all Buy & Sell posts? I, for one, don't check the 'Sticky' posts always. Just my 2 cents! I, as well, want to express my appreciation for this site to Curt and Kal. This is my "HOME" page on the HT computer. Donation to follow. Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Donations Reply with quote

KES wrote:
Can the donation button be auto-inserted in all Buy & Sell posts? I, for one, don't check the 'Sticky' posts always.

I think something along these line would be great, I almost never read "sticky' threads and I bet that there are many other members like me Smile
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone can find a phpbb mod that allows content to always be added only when viewing or adding posts to a specific sub-forum then I'm all ears.

Kal

JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is....why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? There's no incentive to become a member. I'm not tring to be rude to anyone but lets face it...the regulars who enjoy sharing more than the occassional self serving question only show up to cast a vote for a freebie giveaway contest. <shrug>

Maybe asking the vendors if they can find their way to reduce the price by $20.00 to donate to the site??...that could work. Not so fair for the long time members. At the risk of speaking for everyone else, we do whatever it takes to support this home away from home and I don't think "missing out" on a $20.00 discount is anything to get upset about. Look at this way, everytime we gain a new recruit we current members are kinda-a-sorta donating over and over by proxy. No?

My $.05 worth. Yup...a whole 5 cents. I got a new job that pays more!! Thumbs Up

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
Ohmess

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

What's the protocol if you respond to a wanted to buy ad and sell something you have laying around?

Should the desperate buyer who finds what they want contribute, or the seller, who actually gets the cash make a contribution?

I'm thinking the seller should contribute. Thoughts?
Kiev Savoie

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what's the rule of thumb? like 10%? i parted out a BD801 recently and got WAY more than i thought possible for way less trouble than dealing with ebay. Maybe i just got lucky but i don't see the big deal about throwing a little of that good fortune Curt's way once it is all said and done. In addition, i might add that Curt gives out advice freely to help a guy out on this forum all the time.
Here is an idea though, maybe different levels of membership could be defined with different contribution levels. If someone scores a great PJ and benefits from the forum while they are setting it up (which happens fairly often) he would have more reason to choose a higher membership level.
bob0515

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: free Reply with quote

i have a marquee 8000 that i beleve the hv power supply is gone if you want it you can have it all you have to do is come and get it i have went to digitals
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules changed to allow the sale of working projectors per Curt's statement here:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41848

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: