Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

JVC RS40 & Lumagen Radiance XE Calibration Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: JVC RS40 & Lumagen Radiance XE Calibration Question Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey All,
I have been using a JVC RS40 for about a year now. It replaced my NEC PG10. So far I'm am very happy with the picture. I always calibrated all of my CRT through the years with a meter and software but despite having a Lumagen HDP and a Rock way back when I never really took the time to fully understand the features available and take full advantage the CMS. I have been operating without a video processor for at least a year. During that time I did a simple grayscale calibration on the 30 and 80 IRE windows just as I have alway done in the past and have been very happy with the RS40. I could tell right out of the gate that there were issues with the colors being too intense and things just not looking right but it was honestly not that bad. Either way like everybody here I want the best and most accurate picture my equipment can produce. Thus I have picked up a Radiance XE 3D.

My dilemma is this. Should I use the gains and offsets on the PJ for the grayscale calibration and then tweak all 21 points with the Lumagen or should I use the Lumagen to manage the entire grayscale calibration?

Thanks,

John
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what it could hurt to first do a "rough" calibration on your projector and then have the Radiance cover the rest. If I'm understanding the device correctly, it simply alters the signal output so that it reads correctly from the screen yes? Sounds like if you get it reasonably close using just the projector, then it won't have to adjust as much. My two cents at least. I've never owned a radiance and I'm only going by what I think is the theory of operation on those units.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: