Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

WTB: F-drive board for NEC XG135LC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solver

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: WTB: F-drive board for NEC XG135LC Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Does anyone have this board?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am out of all NEC XG parts now, but someone here should have one I think. Or, source the two STK chips online, that's usually what fails. beware the ebay clones though, some of those are counterfeit.
Solver

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I am out of all NEC XG parts now, but someone here should have one I think. Or, source the two STK chips online, that's usually what fails. beware the ebay clones though, some of those are counterfeit.

I hope you're right, and thanks for the warning.

I haven't been able to find the board for some time, so if I don't find one soon I'll try your suggestion of changing the chips on the board instead, hoping they are the problem. Are there any details anywhere on these chips and where the best place to source them is?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the place I sourced them from ran out. and the last time I bought a set on ebay, they were counterfeit, and lasted 2 weeks. So beware. I think ebay is your only bet, but the STK392-220 has no substitutes. It's a high current amplifier, so you do need the exact one.
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had luck with a chinese supplier called Jotrin Electronics, sourcing discontinued parts. I haven't bought STKs from them though...
Anyway A-drive and C-drive boards also contain these STK chips. C- and F-drive boards are running really hot, that's why the STKs die sooner or later. The A-drive board however runs cool. So if in doubt maybe even a counterfeit STK would last long in an A-drive board, while you can source the original STK from the A-drive. This sounds quirky, but may be better than nothing...

View user's photo album (1 photos)
crtbilly

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a xg here collecting dust. We're are you located?
Solver

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crtbilly wrote:
I have a xg here collecting dust. We're are you located?

In Denmark ...
Solver

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
I've had luck with a chinese supplier called Jotrin Electronics, sourcing discontinued parts. I haven't bought STKs from them though...
Anyway A-drive and C-drive boards also contain these STK chips. C- and F-drive boards are running really hot, that's why the STKs die sooner or later. The A-drive board however runs cool. So if in doubt maybe even a counterfeit STK would last long in an A-drive board, while you can source the original STK from the A-drive. This sounds quirky, but may be better than nothing...

I would have never considered that possibility myself since my knowledge of analog electronics is rather basic. Thank you!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the counterfeit ones I've tried. the problem a lot of times was that the silicone grease behind the chips would dry up and harden, causing the chips to overheat. I saw that a lot on NECs, you actually had to chip away the silicone grease, it was so hard.
crtbilly

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man .... I've never shipped anything internationally before. What are you looking to spend. I can stuff a box full of whatever cards you like.
jask

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!! way to step up crtbilly!!
View user's photo album (4 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crtbilly wrote:
Oh man .... I've never shipped anything internationally before. What are you looking to spend. I can stuff a box full of whatever cards you like.

Anti-static bags for the cardss, anti-static bubble wrap, then tight fitting box, 2nd bigger outer box with the inner box wrapped in big bubble wrap. That's how I ship internationally. Also do a double walled cardboard too. Makes the difference between board corners breaking through the box.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
crtbilly

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sounds complicated.... Just kidding. Sweet! Now I can use all those antistatic bags I've been collecting without purpose. To bad I just crushed all my boxes.

It's been a few years since I fired her up so I better verify she's working before I string anyone on.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No antistatic bag needed, seriously. Bubble wrap and a solid cardboard box.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crtbilly wrote:
Wow, sounds complicated.... Just kidding. Sweet! Now I can use all those antistatic bags I've been collecting without purpose. To bad I just crushed all my boxes.

It's been a few years since I fired her up so I better verify she's working before I string anyone on.

I just opened my trunk and pulled out...antistatic bags. SCH-Aweet!

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Solver

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crtbilly wrote:

It would be wonderful if you could ship to Denmark!! I don't know what a reasonable price will be, though, since I haven't bought spare parts before; what league are we in?
crtbilly

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the pee wee league. I'm only a hobbyist so I'm out of my league when it comes to sales. I'm not really interested in making money on this. You pay for the shipping then once you receive it you can give me what ever you feel it's worth if it works out.
Solver

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crtbilly wrote:
I'm in the pee wee league. I'm only a hobbyist so I'm out of my league when it comes to sales. I'm not really interested in making money on this. You pay for the shipping then once you receive it you can give me what ever you feel it's worth if it works out.

That's very generous of you! I would love to do that Smile
crtbilly

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, look into what company you want to use and the size and weight your willing to spend. I'm on the east coast just use Washington D.C. for now. I'll pull it out this weekend and fire it up just to make sure.
jask

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still running my XGLC and have a spare set of boards.. when you posted this up,I was actually feeling guilty, that I should offer up my spare... glad it is getting sorted...Smile
I originally started out with an NEC PG years ago and was blown away by how well it could resolve, had a Barco 1208 that was smooth and quiet but never popped like an NEC and when I bought and set up the XGLC I never felt the need to go 9"... mostly because I had not spent much time in a good home theater with a dialed in 9" and the market was imploding. I have seen a few good Marquee theaters and they are really nice, but I think the XGLC puts up a superior image. We are so far down the road now that caps are an issue for everyone... and it would be interestingto see who is still running a marquee. My son has run his FPS games on digital PJs and on our XG and him and his buddys LOVE playing in our theater room... they might be the last people in whole world that get to try to explain the subjective experience of CRT vs digital to their peers.. Smile bunch of geeks!
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: