Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

hdfury2 gamer yuv

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proudx

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: hdfury2 gamer yuv Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have an issue where my picture blanks out from time to time using my hdfury2 gamer with a specific nintendo source (nitendo classic edition at 720P 60fps.)

I found this under the hkmod FAQ under hdfury2 gamer yuv FAQ. could my hdfury gamer2 yuv be affected by this? what is the particular defect? unfortunately its hard to tell if the bluelight blanks off as my distribution is in a basement and my display is in a remote location in the house.

My picture ‘blanks out’ from time to time when using the HDfury2. Why is this happening?
Some of the very early HDfury2 units had a defect and these units were replaced. To determine if the issue is with the HDfury2 or elsewhere, use the following logic: - If the HDfury2 blue LED is OFF during the picture blanking, the problem is with the HDfury2. HKmod will replace it for you. - If the HDfury2 blue LED is ON during the picture blanking, the problem is with the the component (YUV) cable, RGB cable or the display.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that the game box doesn't have enough current to properly drive the gamer. Does the unit have a tiny connector on the side to plug in a power supply? You either need to try a power supply or buy a newer Fury. All things considered, that gamer unit is now 'old', and may also be defective.
proudx

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
It's possible that the game box doesn't have enough current to properly drive the gamer. Does the unit have a tiny connector on the side to plug in a power supply? You either need to try a power supply or buy a newer Fury. All things considered, that gamer unit is now 'old', and may also be defective.

yes I have the power supply connected to it on the side, I have tried it with the power supply connected and without the power supply connected. it also has the bluelight displayed when connected.

I have also posted a longer post that is more related to my issue as see random blank screens only show up under certain conditions. the post is called random blank screens via 100ft cat5 balun. take a look at that one for a more detailed account of my setup. just trying to figure out if the hdfury2 gamer yuv is the cause or if its caused by something else.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set up a video camera aimed at the HDFury. Go play the Nintendo until the picture blanks out then check the playback on the camera to see if the blue light went out on the HDFury.

I suspect it may be an issue with that Nintendo.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
proudx

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Set up a video camera aimed at the HDFury. Go play the Nintendo until the picture blanks out then check the playback on the camera to see if the blue light went out on the HDFury.

I suspect it may be an issue with that Nintendo.

Good tip. I stuck the camera on it and the blue light stayed lite up the entire time and during the blank screen outage. See my other post on 100ft component to cat5 random blank outs.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then try a local display.

Nintendo--->HDFury---->TV and see if it blanks out

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
proudx

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Then try a local display.

Nintendo--->HDFury---->TV and see if it blanks out

no it doesn't blank out but not using the exact same display, using nitendo-hdfury2-extron-35ftcomponentrun-plasmatv. no rpoblems, also no blank outs with nintendo-hdfury2-extron-35ftcat5-officeSamsungTV.

the blankouts only occur on the 100ft cat5 balun connection with that specific Nintendo source. If I connect another source like appletv to the hdfury2 gamer everything works just fine.

What ultimately determines the yuv output voltage level? Is the output fixed for all devices connected into the hdfury2 or would it very from device to device? If it varies would it be possible that the yuv component output levels driven by combination of the nintendo and the Hdfury gamer2 are not as strong as the yuv levels from other sources/devices or native component output devices connected to my extron? Would a stanalone gold hdfury2 or 3 have stronger outputs?

If this is the case would it explain why the furthest run over the cat5 baluns has issues but the closer runs to other tvs don't have issues?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: