Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony G90 remote control?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Sony G90 remote control? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have a RM-PJ1000 that I got with a G70 PJ, will it work on my G90?

Thanks, Deron.
deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RM-PJ1000 will not change any setting on my G90. I even plugged the remote in, with a mini-stereo jack cable into the "control S "in" jack" on the back of the G90. The remote now receives power form the G90, but it still does not change any of the settings.
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The remote You have is the right one for a G90. However, it only will work if it‘s set to the same projector and group ID as the projector itself. When pressing <Menu> or <Enter> on the remote, You should get a message on screen indicating the projector‘s settings.
Download the user manual from this site and look up the corresponding adjustment methods for remote (key pressing sequences) and projector (ID switch on YA board/menu settings).

Kind Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barclay66, I'm looking through the install and owners manuals for information related to setting up the PJ to accept the remote that I have. So far, I have not found anything. Neither index mentions remote setup to work with a certain PJ. I have looked for something that may lead me to the information, but I can not find it.

I'm a little confused, how do I or how does the PJ know which remote I have, so as to recognize it?

When you say press <menu> or <enter>, which remote is supposed to be used, the one built into the PJ, or the portable one I have. The portable one that I'm trying to get working with the PJ will not communicate, at all with the PJ.
deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found something about the "device index number".

DEVICE INDEX
Indicates the device index number which is set by the
DEVICE INDEX switches on the rear of the projector.
The device index number of the projector which can be
controlled with the wireless Remote Commander or an
external equipment via the PJ COM connector is
displayed in green, or the number of the projector
which cannot be controlled is displayed in yellow.

If this is where I can get my remote to communicate with the PJ, it still leaves the question of what number my remote would function with.
tfuller

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, the G90 will not respond to any commands if the device index is set to 00. Anything else, especially 01, should work as far as I know.
tfuller

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are:
"
Note
Do not set the device index number to "00." If you do, the projector will not operate with the remote commander.
You can operate the projector with the keys on the control panel of the projector but the connected equipment cannot be operated with the keys on the control panel.
"

To be clear, this is with the rotary switches on the back of the projector.
deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, the rotary switches on the back of the PJ were set to 00. Set them to 01 and that got the remote communicating with the PJ. Interesting, that the rotary switches were the "number" indicator themselves. I was looking for a readout from the digital display on the back of the PJ.

Now I'm onto setting up the PJ distance, PJ square to the screen... That brings up more questions. Time to start a new thread, that's if I can not find them with a search of the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: