Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

JVC DLA x30 /rs 45 powerdvd 17 gtx 770 windows 10/64

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incova

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: JVC DLA x30 /rs 45 powerdvd 17 gtx 770 windows 10/64 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi guys,

Its been a while since I posted anything.

I have got a JVC DLA x30/rs 45 projector second hand and it seems to be running quite well. I recently tried it with 3d blu rays however and although everything was ticked for 3d it did not work. 2d blue rays worked just fine, 2d to 3d conversion handled by the projector's conversion hardware/software worked as well. The projector did not seem to be able to synch to the signal from the pc when I put either avatar or pacific rim in. I was quite confused so thought it may be the leads I used due to the length.

I decided to get a 3d blu ray player, so I got a bd 660, plugged it in with a short hdmi lead and lo and behold instant 3d on both discs. I then used the long 4 meter lead from the pj and it was fine as well.

My question is what do I have to do to output the proper signal from the htpc to the projector?

At present 3d is on and the projector seems to automatically pick up 3d when I put in the disc into the bd 660.

Is the gtx 770 card causing a problem, nvidia reconnises the pj and sets it at 24 output so I am confused. The projector actually displays this when I use the bd 660.

Thanks for your help and time in advance.

Confused

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What no Ampro 3D? Laughing Long time man.

It sounds like a driver issue. What version video drivers are you running?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
incova

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: heyyy Reply with quote

Long time dude!

I kept the Ampro going for quite a while thanks to everyones help but eventually I had to give it up as the main issue was getting parts here. My plan was to use this for 3d and the AMpro for 2d but what can you do, now I have a bunch of tubes with no pj!

BAck to this issue.

I have these drivers,

27/10/2017

The problem is without them I have different issues especially if I upgrade them.

I heard that there was an issue with nvidia as it has its own 3d but this was a long time back.

wanderer

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a dedicated HTPC or something that is sharing main duties doing other things like playing games, etc?

Windows 10 x64 (2018), PowerDVD (2017) and a GTX 770 (mid 2013) is likely to be problematic from a "it's not working" standpoint for something like 3D video. The 3D output is reliant on everything working together and as you've already noted from your chosen GTX driver version, upgrading beyond that brings other issues.

Given that Windows 10, PowerDVD and Nvidia all support 3D you'd think it would work. The reality is that many of those companies are only testing their latest current versions of hardware\software for new code releases. Is Nvidia doing a full 3D QA test for HDMI output on it's driver updates for Win10 x64 for a 5+ year old unsupported card? Is Corel doing that for their old version of PowerDVD? Is Microsoft making sure it breaks nothing hardware or driver wise when it re-factors the OS every 6 months now? The answer to all of these is a no unfortunately and a lot of stuff is just straight up broken now.

I'd bet that if you tested Win 8.1 32bit as an original ISO install with no added patches that this all just works as it better fits the driver development of the OS and GTX card. I did a lot of BD 3D testing about 2 years ago with GTX and Quadro and the OS, drivers and software definitely worked OK for BD 3D on Win 8.1. Depending on your CPU and chipset though that might not even be an option now as the latest Intel CPUs and mainboards have no driver support for pre Win10 use!
incova

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: thanks for the input. Reply with quote

Hi there,

Thanks for the input.

Its a dedicated HTPC no other duties.

Regarding what you stated, indeed it seems things move on but not for the better and not in sync. Cyberlinks blu ray advisor shows that everything should be working but who knows. Microsoft drives me mad as their updates can really mess with things.

Is there a way to check the actual signal being outputted and what should I be looking for?

Can I use software that could check it and see the signal thats being outputted?

I might try updateing the 770 driver and seeing what happens.

wanderer

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory, I think the GTX cards using HDMI output and PowerDVD are limited to pre-defined 3D resolutions of 720P60 and 1080P24. Good news here is that if this is a dedicated HTPC then you can probably mess around a lot to get something that works, then lock that in and never patch or change it again.

I'd suggest trying 3 different video drivers, maybe 6 months apart, including the latest one. If that still doesn't work then I'd try a few patch versions of PowerDVD and see if that works. If that all fails, then you're likely up against Windows 10 itself just not working with whatever updated OS build you are running. If that's the case and it's Win10 that's the problem then there will likely be no solution forthcoming.

Two other suggestions: If this is an onboard intel solution mainboard, you can probably connect HDMI from the mainboard to the projector for a test. Then try using PowerDVD again and see if that works, bypassing the Nvidia solution. If that works, you know it's an Nvidia driver interaction issue. You could also try Jriver MC22 or higher as a free eval and try out the 3D playback from there as well. This presumes that you're dealing with ISO files or other unencrypted 3D source material.
incova

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Hi guys, a big thank you Wanderer.

Ok took on board everything you said,

updated the drivers for the gtx card, risky but had to be done, the last time I did this the PC was a mess. So, having done this it still did not work.

I updated powerdvd to the most recent version.

So I now have 3d! Thank you, its a bit of a tricky one.

I use the pc as a general pc just for browsing the net etc so have another monitor on board. I have to shut that monitor of plug the pj into the hdmi port which is not used then put the pj on. At this point I will not get 3d even though everything is set up and enabled on the pc and pj.

I have to then restart the pc and as soon as the logging screen comes on the picture is in 3d. The Pc seems to select the 3d signal as the native pj signal and auto switch to that but only if I restart the pc. Otherwise it will only playback 2d.

So, I think its done for now, thanks so much, Avatar looked amazing. I might run into glitches so we will see.

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason you need a stand alone 3D player. Glad you got it working. I've seen oddness like that on HTPC for years too.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
incova

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: yup Reply with quote

I know man, just the sheer combination of hardware and software as Wanderer stated yeeesh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: