Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

barco 808s starts, but no picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paco

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: barco 808s starts, but no picture Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
762120s cracked, it there a replacement available? this is a small splitter at SMPS/G2 board.

symptoms:
it first begin to switch off blue and red one by one about 1 min after start. but it was working normal after 10 restarts. it worked like this for 3 months.
Now projector starts, than restarts 3 times and go on stand-by. after 3-rd time it lit all 3 tubes for less than a second. just a small dot on display. it is so short that camera can not catch it on video.

auestions:
1. so I am sure what is wrong. but the question from where to buy, if possible.
2. if you have a picture from inside of this unit, pls share. Than i can remove the old epoxy and cover it with new one under vacuum.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracks in that G2 block are normal, and most likely aren't the problem. (I do have replacement G2 boards though). Check the red LED on the EHT board. See if it comes on when the picture goes off. If so, the HV quadrupler is most likely bad.

the dot in the middle of the screen may be contamination in one tube. No cure for that other than to replace the tube, but if the tube has proper black levels, then don't worry about it.
paco

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the HT quad is damaged. By doing very high voltage or insufficient low?

The red led at why board blink when projector goes off . But the quadruplet is making very high voltage. When I take out the cable from HT splitter, I can see it attracted by near by surfaces and I can hear it and electrical field is so high, that it is jamming ir receivers. I can measure it with engine spark plug, by the color of spark. It is very accurate. Also after shutdown, it was under high charge, so I had to discharge via high resistance.

And on the plate of tube I can see a little light, after start and right at moment when it goes off the plates get full bright for part of second.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so it's not the HV quadrupler, and the HV section is staying on. It may be the G2 board then. It's very rare that they fail, but that would be the next step.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so it's not the HV quadrupler, and the HV section is staying on. It may be the G2 board then. It's very rare that they fail, but that would be the next step.
paco

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to find working g2. Is days?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have some here. I have no more 808 test chassis here, but they were working when I pulled them out of a set. $25 each plus about $65 shipping to get it to you.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think shipping might be less. $65 is for 2-3 boards that I send to Europe, one board is probably more like $40.
paco

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I accept the risk. I will buy one.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, email me through the main site please/

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: