Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

XG-1101(LC) - Gets blurry after 1 hour

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StEeLz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: XG-1101(LC) - Gets blurry after 1 hour Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi everyone,

I am calling for your experience. I sold my 10PG to acquire the XG-1101 and couldn't be happier.
It is sharp and performs awesome BUT...
After running for about an hour, the focus seems to slowly go south. I can notice it mostly on Green and to some extend on the Red.
Weird thing is there are no EM adjustments that seem to be able to solve this, it only makes it worst either side. Astig is also good.
So to summarize, image is perfect after a 10 min warm-up, you can even see the scanlines on 1080p but after an hour, it becomes a bit blurry.
Is there a specific card that is known to have transistors not performing as good after a while or bad caps that could explain this behavior?
I have 2 other units for parts but would like your 2 cents on what could be bad before swapping.
Cheers!

Last edited by StEeLz on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It have happened earlier: check if the lenses go out of focus?
View user's photo album (1 photos)
StEeLz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check but not sure WHY lenses would need to be re-adjusted when hot, are there materials expending with heat?
Also, blurriness can also be observed when looking directly at the phosphor, making me believe it's more something inside
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sometimes the washers used to fix the lens focus have a tendency to slip away with heat.
Otherwise F-Drive and the PS Unit those would be the main suspects.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
StEeLz

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right so after checking all mechanical parts, I can confirm everything is tight and this is not the issue. I can see edges starting to get blurrier also looking directly at the tube.
I've decided to switch the projector (from the installed XG110 that had 9,000 hours to the other XG110 I have with only 4,000 hours).

Result: I have the exact same issue!!! After about 30-45 minutes, the whole image is slowly getting blurry. You start a movie with a crisp beautiful image and you end it with an eyepain...
I can't imagine both projectors having a defective focus board. Anyone else have seen this issue here?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely the focus boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: