Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 909 FAN issue for horizontal deflection - Not running

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBuze

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Barco 909 FAN issue for horizontal deflection - Not running Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi together,

as you may notice - i am new to this forum and also more or less new to CRT projectors. So HELLO to the experts Wink

I was "infected" by a friend of me who own a perfect home cinema setup. Due to a "accident" i got the change to buy a Barco 909 Reality SplitPack..... Smile

The baby is definitely not setup perfectly yet but i noticed that one of the fans (fan hor defl) is not running - even after ~1 hour on-time. The passive cooler inside the case was already VERY HOT :/
I measured the voltage - only ~2Volts while the other fan runs with 7-12 volts..I dont know exactly since when the fan is not running.

Now my question to the experts - do you have any idea what could be wrong or what i could check next to find the issue? My fall-back would be to create a Y cable to supply both fans from the same working source...

Thx in advanced and i think i will come up with a lot more questions soon.... Wink
Christian

Barco909_fan.jpg
 Description:
"TO FAN HOR DEFL" is the one, i am talking about
 Filesize:  99.27 KB
 Viewed:  3440 Time(s)

Barco909_fan.jpg

ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fan only turns on if the horizontal gets to hot.

Please connect the fan Smile

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that those fans run continuously if the thermistor fails, do you have schematics or service manuals?
View user's photo album (4 photos)
DaBuze

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the fast answers.
Yes, i have connected the fan already even if it is not running. I had the projector running for ~2 hours....looks that the temperature was not high enough to trigger the fan!?

@Jask: i have only the documentation from the manuals page on curtpalme and no other schematics or service manuals. Do you know where i can get some more information? Wink

Thx
Christian
jask

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do, there a a really good service tech in Langley B.C. : curt@curtpalme.com
View user's photo album (4 photos)
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like ELTopo says. Fan only runs when hot. The 909 is very protective if the fan does not work when it should you get a fan fail shutdown.

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if a one Fan does not work properly (but Fan control board is good) the 909 gives you the message fan failed and will shut down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: