Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Firmware help for BD808s + LiMo. Graphics software for Data?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
winny wrote:
No 7.4 or 7.41 ROM or ROM-file yet.

Did you get your software?
winny

TV/Projector: BD808s, BG1209/2

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing.
winny

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four years later and problem is fixed. Turns out you can swap in the Graphics logic board into the Data without any issues and with the 7.61 Graphics ROM and a loose connection found later, the LiMo was recognized. Hooray!

I fiddled around with a lot of settings but my composite NTSC laserdisc did not look good. The scandoubling worked fine and removed any visible lines but it looked kind of horrible. I realize I can’t compare it with 40+ Mbit/s HD source, but edges around hard color changes, say skin tone to blue sky had problems.

km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winny wrote:
Four years later and problem is fixed. Turns out you can swap in the Graphics logic board into the Data without any issues and with the 7.61 Graphics ROM and a loose connection found later, the LiMo was recognized. Hooray!

I fiddled around with a lot of settings but my composite NTSC laserdisc did not look good. The scandoubling worked fine and removed any visible lines but it looked kind of horrible. I realize I can’t compare it with 40+ Mbit/s HD source, but edges around hard color changes, say skin tone to blue sky had problems.

Glad to hear you have this working. So was it worth the effort?
winny

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questionable. It does offer a one-remote solution to laserdisc. I’ll fiddle around some more with the settings before I give any final verdict.

The overall build however, was very much worth the effort and our new movie theater get to see so much use we need a second row of sofas. I’ll think I should create a build thread about it since it turned out so good.

One question about data versus graphics and non-s versus s projectors, I noticed several more menus for picture tuning compared to my 1209/2. Separate left and right picture tuning and corse convergence. This did break my normal calibration routine. Is there any guide or thread about the corse convergence in particular? I didn’t quite “get it” before the fine convergence was set and then it was too late.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: