Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

DVI to RGBHV 1080p xg

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xaaroncmx

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: DVI to RGBHV 1080p xg Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi everyone,

I can feed a 1080p signal to my XG by altering the analog signal output of my GPU but if I want to connect another device that can only output a 1080p digital signal, what are my options to convert the signal to RGBHV but also adjust the signal in real time?

Is that just a scaler or video processor?

I was looking at this but it only states in the manual you can adjust the clock, phase, h-position and v-position but nothing about front porch or back porch. https://www.kramerav.com/Product/VP-426#Tab_Resources

Would anyone know of devices that could do it? Smile Moome cards are hard to find. I guess I could also get a pci-e HDMI input card for my computer...

Thank you
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need an HDFury, discontinued now, but available on ebay. Make sure you get the power supply with it, otherwise it won't work. Lots are sold without the power supply there.

Also, 1080p will have image wraparound, so you're probably best off running 720p or 1080i.
jask

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the HD fury 3 work?
https://www.hdfury.com/product/hd-fury-x3/
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Interesting how they brought it back. They had a big announcement that due to legal issues they were told to pull it off their site. I thought the HDMI police finally for them. Surprising that it's still on the site, as they definitely took it down a while back.
Apfelmousse

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Also, 1080p will have image wraparound, so you're probably best off running 720p or 1080i.

Hi Curt,

I have some sort of wraparound with my current setting of 1080p on the Barco 808. I did not have it bevore when I ran it with 64k (don't know how many p's that is, perhaps 720, came out of a Sony Scaler).

Is that a problem caused by running the projector at its limits? Otherwise the 808 does not seem too impressed by this setting.

regards
Martin
xaaroncmx

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies Smile

I might order the HDFuryX3 then... Smile

I actually had one of those small dirt cheap HDMI -> VGA converters on order that arrived today.

I maximised the raster area and made full use of it horizontally and I came real close to getting a perfect 1080p signal straight away but it was sort of distorted a little bit inwards from the sides.

This signal was coming from my Wii U and it has a setting to adjust the screen size. Not sure if this is over scan or something? It had nothing to do with the resolution but it had something like 15 steps of adjustment. I dropped it down by 1 and now I'm getting a perfect 1080p image.

I've only ever seen this setting on the Wii U and the old ATI Catalyst Control Center. The new one doesn't seem to have the settings for it, seems more basic. Sad

Any idea what I was adjusting when I did that? But yeah. Getting a glorious 1080p picture. Smile

Edit: this: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1497/~/how-to-configure-the-screen-size-%28adjust-for-television-overscan%29
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: