Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FS: 1 set Barco HFQ900HM lenses in excellent shape

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: FS: 1 set Barco HFQ900HM lenses in excellent shape Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have one set of HFQ900HM lenses available for sale.

I have tested these and they focus correctly in a typical home theater installation like mine. Tested on a Marquee 9500LC Ultra with a screen width of 8 feet (96 inches) and a throw distance of 120 inches. Center and edge focus are around mid range on this lens type in this application.

They are extremely sharp lenses. The Elcan made, VDC labelled "new" HD-10Ls are considered by some to be the sharpest HD-10 series lenses, but in a side by side comparison I didn't see any evidence that they're any sharper or any less sharp than the HFQ900s.

So know that you're getting some of the best lenses for your projector, period.

I'm asking 500 dollars for the set plus shipping.

They will ship in proper original 3M style fitted foam padding kits and appropriately sized boxes.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics:

CA3_7887.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  205.26 KB
 Viewed:  6844 Time(s)

CA3_7887.JPG

CA3_7886.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  183.31 KB

CA3_7886.JPG

CA3_7885.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.71 KB

CA3_7885.JPG

CA3_7884.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  200.5 KB

CA3_7884.JPG

cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do feel free to make a counteroffer. I'm willing to bargain.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do they say HFQ900HM when mine, in silver, says just HFQ 900? Sorry for asking, we can move it to a separate thread if you like? In comparison mine looks like someone made a sticker of their own and put there. But pretty sure they did not, just older version I guess.

Thanks.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are what they are, the decals look original, the lenses are good, they focus well on a flat screen, and it appears to me that
they will also focus well on a mildy curved screen as well. I THINK that the difference between HFQ900s and HFQ900HMs might be that they allow a more curved screen to be used. The edge focus lenses seem to have a lot of range to them. That is my subjective opinion and not objective fact.

The front edge focus rings on these are plastic. I don't remember if regular HFQ900s have plastic or aluminum front sections.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are plastic too. My HD10E looks like yours too and has the plastic lens too - it seems to the touch.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 909s in with what looks like home-made stickers too, others had the Barco stickers like the pictures that CM put up. The front part of the barrel is plastic indeed, so if you have that front barrel plastic, then they are HD10E or HFQ900, which are the same lenses.

Note that the exception are the Runco DTV1200 that appear to use GT17 lenses. Sam was cheap, took all the stickers off the lenses on almost all of his projectors, so that he probably saved $2000 dealer cost! Very Happy
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price dropping. $400.00. Ships in "correct" fitted foam boxes with lens caps in place.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenses sold pending payment.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that cmjohnson has been banned from the forum and will not be able to read or reply to any PMs. http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41307

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: