Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

"New" Radiance XD setting picture position and wid

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: "New" Radiance XD setting picture position and wid Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just got in a a used Radiance XE. I powered it up and reset it to factory defaults. The picture is shifted to the left about 30% and narrow.

With my Lumagen HDP I had controls to set width and position horizontally but I don't see those in the manual or menu. Am I missing something?

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: "New" Radiance XD setting picture position and Reply with quote

Barry wrote:
I just got in a a used Radiance XE. I powered it up and reset it to factory defaults. The picture is shifted to the left about 30% and narrow.

With my Lumagen HDP I had controls to set width and position horizontally but I don't see those in the manual or menu. Am I missing something?

I checked the settings for the Lumagen and it was set for 1080p 50 (PAL) . I switched it to 1080P 60 and most of the shift went away. Still it seems odd in many ways. One was that I was unaware the PAL still existed in the HD era. I suspect they needed the flicker to be comfy.

I still am baffled at the lack of control the Radiance has for size and position....anyone know what hat is about?

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Radiance line has a full line of input size controls. There are settings for the input aspect ratio, size, shift, masking, non-linear stretching (if you want to use it) and more. See the section "Input Size Controls" in the manual.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Barry

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
The Radiance line has a full line of input size controls. There are settings for the input aspect ratio, size, shift, masking, non-linear stretching (if you want to use it) and more. See the section "Input Size Controls" in the manual.

Kal

I have to respectfully disagree here. There is nothing to change Horizontal position or size. See photo from Page 25 of the manual (rev 11/24/09) Yes, for input size ratio, masking and NLS.... no for Horizontal positioning or size. See underlined statement.

I did find that the setting for image was 1080p50 (PAL) and the image reshifted closer to central when I changed that to 1080p60. Perhaps that was a projector setting saved (1080p50) that I was unaware of.

IMG_6551.jpg
 Description:
Note underlines

Download
 Filename:  IMG_6551.jpg
 Filesize:  458.14 KB
 Downloaded:  585 Time(s)

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: "New" Radiance XD setting picture position and Reply with quote

Going back to your original email:

Barry wrote:

Sometimes shifting can happen on analog displays if the porches are too small. I believe the Radiance has a full set of controls to adjust porch sizes.

I guess I'm confused as to what's mean by "size" because that's only something that makes sense in the actual display that converts the # of pixels (+ left/right/top/bottom porches) into a physical picture. Before that all you have is a number of pixels and pixels don't have 'size'.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you reset the unit to factory defaults before starting.

All image sizing can be done under the output resolutions menu. As Kal says, there is full access to all the timings. The system is far superior to the old vision line.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you reset the unit to factory defaults before starting.

All image sizing can be done under the output resolutions menu. As Kal says, there is full access to all the timings. The system is far superior to the old vision line.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: