Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 1209 with Moome HD card (current model)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Barco 1209 with Moome HD card (current model) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have been trying for weeks to get the Moome card to work properly with my Barco 1209 CRT projector.
I now get a picture but it is barely usable.

History: Barco 1209 + Lumagen Vision HDP > RGPHV Port 3 worked great for many years. Then I decided to improve the picture with the Moome card and in the process apparently freed the analog red OP of the Lumagen Vision HDP. So now the Moome card is my only choice and I have to get it to work.

Currently the Moome card with the old Lumagen HDP can produce a usable but poor picture if I crank up contrast and brightness on BOTH the PJ and the Lumagen.

If I take out all the variables and connect a BR DVD player while setting the contrast and brightness on the PJ to mid position, I get the pictures shown below. DVD/BR player > Moome card > Barco Port 3

One additional note: when I press either 0 or 100 to run Gamma to max or zero nothing changes even when I have the brightness and contrast cranked up so I can actually see something.

Has anyone seen this before?

IMG_6550.jpg
 Description:
This was moments later in the same Youtube feed from a DVD/BR player

Download
 Filename:  IMG_6550.jpg
 Filesize:  178.95 KB
 Downloaded:  269 Time(s)

IMG_6549.jpg
 Description:
Note that the green caste is corrected when signal level (contrast/brightness) are increase in PJ

Download
 Filename:  IMG_6549.jpg
 Filesize:  128.04 KB
 Downloaded:  267 Time(s)

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm have you other friends with barco? try the card in them barcos?
Barry

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lydmann wrote:
mmm have you other friends with barco? try the card in them barcos?

I have a Barco 1208 but it has not been fired up in years. Also, the power conditioner (what ever that silver 120vAC box is) died and was canabalized for the 1209. Don't know another CRT PJ owner locally.

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Barry is this an internal Moome Card or external Moome box? Its a little confusing as you say you video path is

"DVD/BR player > Moome card > Barco Port 3"

A Moome card is inside the Projector and replaces the Port 3 board so the Port 3 board would no longer be in the path.
Barry

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

km987654 wrote:
So Barry is this an internal Moome Card or external Moome box? Its a little confusing as you say you video path is

"DVD/BR player > Moome card > Barco Port 3"

A Moome card is inside the Projector and replaces the Port 3 board so the Port 3 board would no longer be in the path.

It is an internal Moome card. From a programming point of view it replaces the Port 3 in the switcher.

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Port 5 is Okay from the HDP?
Barry

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

km987654 wrote:
So Port 5 is Okay from the HDP?

Port 5 is fine from HDP except that the HDP RED no longer works....
Port 3 same same.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: