Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Bypassing a Acer p1270 Lamp Circuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inven-D

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Bypassing a Acer p1270 Lamp Circuit Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Everyone

Im new to the forum, I thus hope I posted this at the right place.

macgyver655 im in need of advice Sad

I have a acer P1270 Projector that blew a transistor on the main bord( reason being the no 1 and 2 wires of the uart P-VIP osram lamp ballast touched)

Is there a way I can bypass the lamp circuit completely and install a completely different light source and ballast that will operate manually?

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've moved this to the correct forum and deleted your duplicate post in the off topic. No need to post twice.

Macguyver hasn't been here for a while. Hopefully someone will have a suggestion for you.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Inven-D

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated AnalogRocks
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am far from an expert, but I think you're trying to do the impossible. There's all sorts of protection/shutdown circuits in the ballasts, with no service info available.
Inven-D

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Curt

Jip I suspected i was in over my head. I hoped to replace the damaged part but could not find what it was. Turning out to be an expensive mistake touching the wires.

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inven-D wrote:
Hi Curt

Jip I suspected i was in over my head. I hoped to replace the damaged part but could not find what it was. Turning out to be an expensive mistake touching the wires.

Most Digital projectors would have separate lamp Driver Modules, and most of them are supplied by a few manufacturers. Post a picture of the circuit you're referring to, and I may be able to help point you to the right source for the module you'll need.

Anything around replacing the module would be near impossible to do. All lamp modules depend on the Main CPU in the projector to tell it when to turn on/off as well the various safety and warning inhibitors. And all of these power modules/supplies are frequency modulated electronic circuits that's unique for the type of lamps they all use these days.

index.jpg
 Description:
Your Lamp Driver Module should look like this
 Filesize:  7.07 KB
 Viewed:  10779 Time(s)

index.jpg

Inven-D

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Damaged main board acer P1270 Projector Reply with quote

Hi mp20748

Thank you for the help offered.[/img]

The two images shows the lamp ballast which i believe is working, the other image is of the main pc board with the damaged area. I believe the part to be similar to the green circled part, but since it was burned I could not be sure, I therefor hoped to bypass the lamp check function completely and fit a different light source with its own balast. Im no longer interested in brightness and eco mode adjustments.

20171207_125817.1.jpg
 Description:
Lamp Balast
 Filesize:  309.87 KB
 Viewed:  10778 Time(s)

20171207_125817.1.jpg

20171207_125849.1.jpg
 Description:
Damaged area on main pc board
 Filesize:  461.14 KB
 Viewed:  10778 Time(s)

20171207_125849.1.jpg

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the communication protocal for this ballast is a gen 4 uart communication method.

The Main board gets a signal that the lamp is turned on and ok.

I wish to fool the main board into thinking that the lamp is ok since I believe its this 'ok' signal that ran through the blown transistor .

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the Main CPU uses those circuits (lamp check, etc) to determine if it should fire up the lamp, bypassing them is going to be very difficult. I would say it would make more sense to repair that circuit if possible. Get a diagram and replace the part
Inven-D

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok

Where would I get a Diagram Acer P1270 Main Board?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: