Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

G70 Error Code 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Cadmium

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: G70 Error Code 29 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello!

I purchased a working G70 a few years ago that I've had stored in my garage until I decided what I wanted to do with it. I just tried to turn it on today and was getting a constant error code of 29. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forum. Code 29 is "abnormality of the power line on the B board"
see error codes here:
http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/SonyG70_Error_Codes.pdf

Since it's been in a garage I would say open it up and get some contact cleaner going on it. Deoxit is one of the best. We swear by it here.
Pull electrical connectors off and clean them reseat them multiple times and try firing it up again. Once you get it going leave it on for at least an hour just idling no signal just to let the capaciors re-form and the electronics warm up.

Then you can try putting a signal to it. See how it looks. Try a lower res signal to begin with like 800x600 or 1024x768@60Hz. Don't jump to 1080p right away. Less stress at first.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Joshua Cadmium

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the info!

I ended up opening it up today and popped out the main boards and reseated them. For the B board, I did that multiple times as well as sprayed deoxit on both sides of the connection. I turned it on again (after waiting a little while for the deoxit to try) and I still got the Code 29.

When I was looking at it, I saw that the two groups of connections to the B board from the far left hand front area had been draped over the B board instead of running through the side hole. Those connections had metal braid around them in some areas, without anything covering that braid. They had been running near the board itself and I'm wondering if that braid could have bridged a connection somewhere on the board.

Also, the machine had been laying upside down, so today I turned it right side up and switched the connectors and flipped the dip switch for floor projection. I doubt that made a difference, but I thought I would mention it.

At this point I think I'm going to get rid of it as is, but let me know if anyone recommends anything else.

Thanks again!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joshua Cadmium wrote:
Thanks so much for the info!

I ended up opening it up today and popped out the main boards and reseated them. For the B board, I did that multiple times as well as sprayed deoxit on both sides of the connection. I turned it on again (after waiting a little while for the deoxit to try) and I still got the Code 29.

When I was looking at it, I saw that the two groups of connections to the B board from the far left hand front area had been draped over the B board instead of running through the side hole. Those connections had metal braid around them in some areas, without anything covering that braid. They had been running near the board itself and I'm wondering if that braid could have bridged a connection somewhere on the board.

Also, the machine had been laying upside down, so today I turned it right side up and switched the connectors and flipped the dip switch for floor projection. I doubt that made a difference, but I thought I would mention it.

At this point I think I'm going to get rid of it as is, but let me know if anyone recommends anything else.

Thanks again!

Very possible. Curt may have a B board.

Also check voltage coming into the B board. You may have a bad power supply.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: