Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

urchase2000G only blue crt is working

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alotofusguys

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: urchase2000G only blue crt is working Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just got this off of CL I took a big gamble not knowing much(or anything) about CRT. Its a 2000G Esprit, I replaced the CRT from a parts machine after purchase. Everything shows in Top order 30 code returns "system ok" I do need a new Lithium battey though, but dont" see why that would cause 2 CRT's not to work but allow 1cblue CRT to work. I have swapped the CRT amplifiers to no avail, hooked up green CRT to blues amplifier wiring to no avail. I am gonna open it back up tonight and hope that I have some great info on how to fix this machine. when I say blue CRT working I mean there is blue light coming on and G2 brightens but looking into the lense its anything from what I suspect it should do, the edges are rolling and real choppy.'

thanks for your help

Chase
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was probably a bad gamble to make. The 2000G is only a 7" data grade machine and it's not going to do full high definition but it might do 720p, and these days, parts support for it is close to zero.

It has 7" Sony tubes but I don't recall which types. You might see the label on the side of the tube bell if you look carefully.

Depending on the tube type, I may have a spare SET of tubes for you, brand new.

I think I know where there are two 2000s (they may or may not be 2000s) in a scrapyard. But they've been sitting outside for a couple of years in a tent. The tubes are good, I could probably pull them for a little bit of nothing if they're what you need as well.

Any other circuit boards out of them would probably need to be washed thoroughly, flux cleaned, resoldered, and hopefully no parts
have just rusted off them. I will take a look next time I visit that place. Which may be today.

Ampros have big problems with power supply reliability. And with the very last units having been made in 1999, every one of them has aged at least 18 years now and some electronic components age a lot in that much time.

Frankly I think at this point a non-working 2000 is probably not worth spending a dollar on. I would have definitely passed on it.

Far better machines are available for almost pocket change these days.
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:

Far better machines are available for almost pocket change these days.

Word. Even working Sony G90's can be had for a couple of Franklin's. May need a new green tube to get a pristine image but even those are chump change nowadays. Good time to be getting into CRT's IMO. Still plenty of online support and people with the knowledge for a professional level setup and calibration.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the place where those two AmPro 2000s were. WERE. They're gone. Torn apart, scrapped, hauled away on trucks for recycling.
alotofusguys

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a spare unit for parts minus the CRT's. Do you think that my CRT's are bad (RED, GREEN)or could it of been the HVP?
Curt whats the damage on the CRT tubes that you said you had? Mine are Sony SD 187G. Any help to get this up and running would put you all in such high regard to me that I would recommend you all to the future purchasers of CRT equipment and accessories when my group of peers the experience the awesome home theater set up I plan on having. I already have 2 of my neighbors asking questions. I guess I am trying to persuade you to help me, nbut from everything I have so fare read on this site and a few others is Curt rocks and this forum is a must have if a person wants any kind of support exspecialy a newbie to the whole CRT experience. With that said thank you for your timely responses. I will be anxiously awaiting your reply .

Chase
alotofusguys

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I check the CRT's? The blue CRT lights up at the (fillament)(?) end of glass tube that connects to the CRT amp. Nothing lighting up on the red, green CRT's.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the lithium battery is toast, chances are the two dead tubes were turned off in the CPU board. There are CRT cutoff buttons on the wired remote that will turn them back on. READ THE MANUAL with this Ampro! (downloadable on the main site if you don't have it.)
\There are a ton of 'code' commands as well that will give you status updates on the projector.
\IN many ways, Ampro was ahead of their time back in the day, the old Gretag Image Systems (predecessor to Ampro|) were amazing, but very flaky when they died.

(sorry for the typos, working on my laptop)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: