Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

All Barco 1209s modules-$15 each!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: All Barco 1209s modules-$15 each! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Guys, I just picked up 7 Barco 1209s that were in working shape when de-installed. I am parting all of these out, and am dropping the good tubes into my 909 sets.

I am selling every board in the set for $15 USD each plus shipping, minimum order 4 boards to make them worth packing up. Most of the boards are late model boards, including the EHT boards and the H shift/focus board, with one of the resistors mounted to the heat sink, rather than to the PC board, where the solder joints always crack.

The only exception to the $15 board price are the HV splitter and quadruplers. Everything else is fair game.

This is a good way to pick up some tested working spare boards. All of the sets have convergence on green on the main convergence driver board, so that's a good way to pick up that option as well. They are all G1209s, in case you want to pick up a controller board, the Data and Graphics 1209s boards will not interchange. All other boards will.

I start retubing the 909 next week. Those will go for record low prices as well.

I did retube a couple of these 1209s projectors 2 years ago with Eisemann greens and LUG reds and blues. At quick glance, those are still OK, and don't show the windshield wiper wear pattern, although I did see that wear on a couple of the green tubes that are still original.

Oh, if someone wants 1209s tube frames with the worn tubes and glycol intact, those are $15 each as well. I've got a few of those.

Not selling lenses yet as I have to make sure I have enough for the 909 sets that have curved screen lenses on them.

Email or PM me if you want boards!
Pokemon640

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i own a G1209s unit,
great, i was thinking to upgrade my 1209 boards with eisemann modifications, how much will cost this mod ? is it any visible difference ?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do the mods, sorry, you'd have to talk to Greg himself. No problem sending boards to him if you want.
lydmann

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I use green convergence card in 1209/2? How do I order?
lydmann

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I use green convergence card in 1209/2? How do I order?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The firmware/board layout may be slightly different between the 1209s and the 1209. Give me an email to curtpalme@shaw.ca
lydmann

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send you a email, but no answer lately
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be returning emails until after Dec 6, as I am out of town, and my day job is insanely busy right now. I will catch up over the holidays, sorry!
lydmann

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont understand that, you are answering post here, but not email? Do you still have green convergence cards?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will respond here, but I have no time to process any orders until I get back. I will spend the better part of a week catching up on emails when I return, so that everything is dealt with by Christmas. Yes I have COG cards, and everything else for the 1209s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: