Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Lumagen signal issues with new (to me) Onkyo receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Lumagen signal issues with new (to me) Onkyo receiver Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So here's one that's stumped me. I bought a Pioneer receiver from Mac about 3 years ago while my recycler-find Onkyo receiver was out for the free HDMI board upgrade. I'd since found a second Onkyo receiver that was covered under their warranty, so no I have a TX-NR808 and an 809 here.
Before the first Onkyo crashed, I had it installed for about a month, and liked the surround field much better from the Onkyo compared to the Pioneer (better surround sound, very defined from the Onkyo), but it took the better part of 2 1/2 years for me to finally get the motivation to swap them out. I did that this weekend.

My signal path in both cases was:

Sources--> Receiver, set to 1080p output ---> to Lumagen HDP, set to 1080p output---> HDMI active splitter --> 2 Barco 909. While I am using generic HDMI cables, they are all 5', and

To my surprise, when I connected the Onkyo back into the system, I got no picture. Audio was fine. I then figured maybe that the one Onkyo was bad, so I installed the other one. Same problem, no pix. I then reduced the resolution of the BR player to 1080i, and briefly got a snowy picture, indicating HDMI issues.

I then pulled out the Lumagen, and got a solid picture. Since I was only using the Lumagen for the internal test patterns, I now have the Lumagen output running into one of the Onkyo inputs, and everything works as it should. thing is, what is with the Lumagen that it didn't like the ouput of the Onkyo? I even reduced the internal scaler of the Onkyo to no success.

Thanks!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try longer HDMI cables. 5 foots a little short. Try 10-12 foot

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Lumagen signal issues with new (to me) Onkyo receiver Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
So here's one that's stumped me. I bought a Pioneer receiver from Mac about 3 years ago while my recycler-find Onkyo receiver was out for the free HDMI board upgrade. I'd since found a second Onkyo receiver that was covered under their warranty, so no I have a TX-NR808 and an 809 here.
Before the first Onkyo crashed, I had it installed for about a month, and liked the surround field much better from the Onkyo compared to the Pioneer (better surround sound, very defined from the Onkyo), but it took the better part of 2 1/2 years for me to finally get the motivation to swap them out. I did that this weekend.

My signal path in both cases was:

Sources--> Receiver, set to 1080p output ---> to Lumagen HDP, set to 1080p output---> HDMI active splitter --> 2 Barco 909. While I am using generic HDMI cables, they are all 5', and

To my surprise, when I connected the Onkyo back into the system, I got no picture. Audio was fine. I then figured maybe that the one Onkyo was bad, so I installed the other one. Same problem, no pix. I then reduced the resolution of the BR player to 1080i, and briefly got a snowy picture, indicating HDMI issues.

I then pulled out the Lumagen, and got a solid picture. Since I was only using the Lumagen for the internal test patterns, I now have the Lumagen output running into one of the Onkyo inputs, and everything works as it should. thing is, what is with the Lumagen that it didn't like the ouput of the Onkyo? I even reduced the internal scaler of the Onkyo to no success.

Thanks!

Were you running 1080p/24 out of the Onkyo or something higher? 1080p/24 into the Lumagen will work fine not sure about anything with higher frequency.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see a setting for 24fps (the receiver is about 6 years old), but I can check again. Thought I went through all of the menus.
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 809 as well. If I remember correctly the 24fps setting is under the monitor out menu. I have all mine set at source so no processing gets done by the Onkyo.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I tried that,but will check again this weekend, thanks!
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lumagen GDP as far as I know can't except 1080p 60 only 24
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: