Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Parting out a G70

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Parting out a G70 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
EDIT: I do NOT have any DVI or HDMI cards for the projector.

So here's the story:

G70 Convergence Board (DC) bit the dust. And my living situation will soon be changing so getting it fixed through Curt isn't an option (as the G70 won't fit in the new location).

So without further ado, I'm putting the projector up for parts.

If you're willing to make a reasonable offer, I can pretty much sell whatever is needed. You will have to be patient with me though, as I'm a bit inexperienced in this realm. Honestly - my goal isn't to profit from this, but to make back maybe a little of what I spent to get this projector working again.

I have one blue and one red tube. Blue is in great shape - very little visible wear. Red has virtually no visible wear.

I have a set of C-Blocks (neckboards) I purchased from Curt. They work fine and they're the old style.

I also have two other sets of C-Blocks (I believe - I may be missing one in a set so I may just have a total of five). They're all new-style and one set is untested. I'm sure they probably work though, as those boards don't tend to fail.

PA board has been repaired by Curt - it's for the old-style G70. You can buy it as well. Obviously you run a little bit of a risk as the boards are calibrated per set, but I believe I read somewhere that if you simply matched the correct revisions it should work without issues.

I have a functioning remote, and I also have a PSS-70 ceiling mount. The mount is in serviceable shape - not the best, but it can hold the projector without any problems. I believe it's a little bit warped, meaning your mount won't be perfectly straight, but it's nothing that an extra washer can't handle. And who knows - my needing an extra washer could very well have been an issue with my 70 year old house. Very Happy

I also have a pair of CPU boards, some spare V boards (that fit a different revision G70 and aren't compatible with mine - so they're untested), and a spare B-board that does work.

Really - just ask and I'll see if I have it and what I can do. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by jbltecnicspro on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have an HDMI or DVI input card for it?
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
Do you have an HDMI or DVI input card for it?

Should have gotten this out of the way first, shouldn't I? Very Happy No I don't. I'll edit parent post.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - forgot to mention that I will be on vacation starting this Saturday. I return the following Sunday. It will be the first vacation we've taken since 2014!! Shocked
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - one B/BA board has been claimed. I have at least one more (possibly two).
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - one B/BA board has been claimed. Green tube also claimed and pending shipping. I have another B/BA board, tubes, and more. Need anything for your G70 for a good price? Just let me know.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B/BA Board sold. What do you need? Make me an offer.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - make me an offer. I won't hold on to this stuff forever. Eventually it will all get recycled/trashed. I'm not against local pickup either, if you're close enough. I'm in mid-Missouri.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still got some parts if anyone wants to consider making an offer. Hit me with what you got.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - I have some neckboards I bought from Curt + other neckboards that came with the projectors (one is a set of old-style and the other is a set of new style) + red and blue tube and one more RGB (B Board) left. And of course the ceiling mount and remote.

Prices for tubes are $100 each plus shipping (these are the whole assembly and not just the bare tube). All other items, just make me an offer, or if I don't have it requested just send me a request and I'll see if I still have it.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump still got parts to sell. $50 plus shipping for a set of neckboards (I have both styles), $100 each plus shipping for the tubes - which include everything - even magnetics (only have red and blue now) and B/BA Board.

Still have remote and ceiling mount as well. I would really like to not through this stuff away.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - only have neck boards left. I can let them go cheap. Have both old style and new style. Buy them up or to the trash they go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: