Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

TWO Sony Ruby VPL-VW100 projectors - SOLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: TWO Sony Ruby VPL-VW100 projectors - SOLD Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
SOLD

_MG_3487.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.35 KB
 Viewed:  8534 Time(s)

_MG_3487.JPG

_MG_3486.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.49 KB
 Viewed:  8534 Time(s)

_MG_3486.JPG

_MG_3389.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  191 KB
 Viewed:  8722 Time(s)

_MG_3389.JPG

_MG_3390.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.82 KB

_MG_3390.JPG

_MG_3391.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  151.85 KB

_MG_3391.JPG

_MG_3392.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  122.3 KB

_MG_3392.JPG

_MG_3394.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.03 KB

_MG_3394.JPG

_MG_3396.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  171.15 KB

_MG_3396.JPG

_MG_3397.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.67 KB

_MG_3397.JPG

Last edited by Jeremy112 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Reduced price! Only $200 shipped for BOTH the working and parts Rubies!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when the Ruby was considered the puppy's testicles by the digiphiles. They were NOT cheap. This is a great price! But only until the lamp goes -- replacement LMP-H400's are in the $800 range. Ouch. Still, tempting...
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the lamp is pretty much the caveat of this projector unfortunately! And the physical shape of the lamp makes it impossible to by bare xenon bulbs on the cheap too (unlike the Qualia).

Hard to believe a $10,000 projector is hardly getting any interest at all, even in its current physical condition... $200 for full HD Sony SXRD projection is a steal! Mr. Green

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way for you to at least "guestimate" the lamp hours? How bright are you projecting in low lamp mode?
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well, I remember when a G90 with new tubes was a 38,000 dollar machine (brand new) and it would bring 15K in the home theater market if equipped with fresh tubes.

I have four running G90s with brand new tubes in all of them right now and I will probably end up GIVING them away, except for any I choose to keep. And they won't even need new tubes!

Given how much better digital projectors have become over the last few years, I think that at this point most remaining CRT projectors
with new condition tubes will never be run enough to wear those tubes to a heavily worn state.

The CRT side of home theater is in the "running the credits reel" stage.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
Yeah, well, I remember when a G90 with new tubes was a 38,000 dollar machine (brand new) and it would bring 15K in the home theater market if equipped with fresh tubes.

I have four running G90s with brand new tubes in all of them right now and I will probably end up GIVING them away, except for any I choose to keep. And they won't even need new tubes!

Given how much better digital projectors have become over the last few years, I think that at this point most remaining CRT projectors
with new condition tubes will never be run enough to wear those tubes to a heavily worn state.

The CRT side of home theater is in the "running the credits reel" stage.

I'd take a G90 off of you... If I wasn't moving to a place that couldn't properly house them. Sad
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbltecnicspro wrote:
Any way for you to at least "guestimate" the lamp hours? How bright are you projecting in low lamp mode?

I can't give hours on the lamp, as the lamp is not from either of those projectors, or one I even have anymore. I kept it as a spare, and since I don't have any plans on ever needing it, just decided to throw it with these projectors to get it all out of here.

The best way to put this: Assume the lamp has no life left. It works, can even use the PJ in low ambient light still, but I will not guarantee it at all since I don't know it's history.

Once the lamp goes, these could be fun to use for a LED mod, LED's have gotten fairly bright in the last few years, I'm sure someone could whip something up! Wink

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbltecnicspro wrote:
I'd take a G90 off of you... If I wasn't moving to a place that couldn't properly house them. Sad

I'd take one too, if it wouldn't cost $500 or more to get it here. A G90 is about the only CRT I'd buy at this point, and I wouldn't be willing to spend much on one. So yeah CJ, you're likely to have trouble getting rid of them. I kinda wondered why you started collecting them...

Too bad Jeremy. For $200 that's tempting, but not if the lamp is a total unknown.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I couldn't stand to see them go unsold and maybe go to be scrapped out.

I simply can't tell you what I get my tubes for but let's just say that while supplies are limited, the price is one I can always pay.

So all that stands between a running G90 with worn tubes and a running G90 with minty fresh tubes is just a bit more than the labor it
takes to replace the tubes in the LC assemblies, plus silicone and glycol.

As long as I have a place to store them I fully intend to hold on to at LEAST two G90s and two Marquee Ultras, plus spare parts.

As long as I can store the stuff and NOT in my garage, I'm happy to do it. And I have some other things that are earning their keep
in the storage unit so basically I store the projectors for free.

I'm not ready to give away a G90 yet but, well....PM me if you want to talk. Note: Curt WILL get a share if we make a deal.
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:

Too bad Jeremy. For $200 that's tempting, but not if the lamp is a total unknown.

No worries, I just don't want to see one of you guys buy these, then think the lamp will last another year or two, and then it burns out in a week or something. Wink

If ya'll want I can fire it up and show you a projected image from it, not that it'll show you the life of the lamp, lol.

I can at least pull the lamp assembly and look at the xenon rod in the lamp. If it isn't burned up black around the back end and front end, then it **should** have some life left.

I'll throw some more pics up in a couple hours Smile

I CAN tell you the lamp came from a VW200, not VW100 (I call the 200 the sapphire Razz )

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
Because I couldn't stand to see them go unsold and maybe go to be scrapped out.

I simply can't tell you what I get my tubes for but let's just say that while supplies are limited, the price is one I can always pay.

So all that stands between a running G90 with worn tubes and a running G90 with minty fresh tubes is just a bit more than the labor it
takes to replace the tubes in the LC assemblies, plus silicone and glycol.

As long as I have a place to store them I fully intend to hold on to at LEAST two G90s and two Marquee Ultras, plus spare parts.

As long as I can store the stuff and NOT in my garage, I'm happy to do it. And I have some other things that are earning their keep
in the storage unit so basically I store the projectors for free.

I'm not ready to give away a G90 yet but, well....PM me if you want to talk. Note: Curt WILL get a share if we make a deal.

I got my G90 from Nashou in trade for some stereo equipment. The only way it's leaving here is when I die or move Wink So I can understand where you're coming from Razz

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's a couple screenshots of it running. The bulb is bright (can see the image easily with ambient lighting, as seen in the photos), image is colorful, whites are white. Overall, it looks just as good as one of these running with a known new lamp. (Lamp power is at normal, not eco)

The xenon rod looks pretty good as well, I didn't see any wear forming on the rod, and the elliptical chamber in the lamp is clean and the sapphire glass is crystal clear, so the bulb probably has at least 500-1000 hours left.

If I remember correctly, the VW200 this was pulled from got water damage from a dishwasher, so again, the bulb is probably fine for a while.

I'll do all of you one better. Though I don't want to guarantee the lamp due to its unknown history. I will give you guys 7 days after it's been delivered, to return the projector if the projector fails to lamp up. and stay running. A fair arrangement for a used machine at its price point Smile

Pics Added to original post!

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question begs who puts their projector under the dishwasher? Very Happy

A helluva price, even if you only get 50 hours out of the bulb!
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
The question begs who puts their projector under the dishwasher? Very Happy

A helluva price, even if you only get 50 hours out of the bulb!

Someone who never thought about where it was being hung from the ceiling Razz The secondary PSU needs work yet. I managed to get the primary PSU all cleaned up and replaced a few parts, it works fine, but the PJ still shuts down with a PSU error.

But yes, it IS a deal nonetheless! It's not in the best physical condition, but for the price, the performance can't be beat!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: