Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Soundproof Headphones?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieRoom

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Soundproof Headphones? Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I want to start off by saying how much I am enjoying myself on here. It is always good to see a group of people passionate about something because there will always be someone who is going above and beyond to do something crazy.

So, my wife has been having issues waking up lately when she is sleeping. We have a TV in the room and watch some Archer or something like that to fall asleep and I usually take a longer time than her, I just don't sleep that much. Problem is that the TV is now waking her up when I am watching and it even happens after I moved into the living room when she falls asleep. I don't know i she can just feel the bass or something but it has not been good.

Does anyone have a recommendation for some good headphones that I could use so I don't disturb her? I used to have some good ones when I was younger and they piggybacked off my Xbox cords as a way to get game audio. I would rather not buy some gaming headphones this time (my wife would not be impressed) and instead get something that I can either hook up to the TV with an adapter or with a base unit. Thanks in advance.

I looked around online for a long time and found that older technology might work better for me right now so I decided to look at some older used wireless headsets. I end up finding something that went into the auxiliary out in my TV and then to a transmitter and we can even hook up two pairs of headsets to it. It was on http://www.for-sale.co.uk/tv-wireless-headphones at a great price which included the second pair of headphones so I am very, very happy right now. Thanks everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: