Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3D on a 4K OLED ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikezilla2

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: 3D on a 4K OLED ? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
so years ago i recall there being products to display 3D games and films on non 3D sets i never ended up getting any of them just wondering if there are any current products and how well they would work on an LG 55C7T Oled @ 4k and lower Res ?

also trying to Pair my PDP remote up to the Set but having no Luck so Far
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would probably be referring to the following product:

http://www.curtpalme.com/3DTheatre.shtm

4K is not supported however.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
mikezilla2

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no other 4K options out there ?

and if not is there a Cheaper option that will work just as well assuming we are talking No 4K ?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any 4K options. Most TV manufacturers are dropping 3D, and the 4K Blu-ray standard doesn't include 3D (i.e. you can't buy a 4K 3D Blu-ray) so there's little interest for anyone to create a lower priced 4K box to add 3D to a TV I'm afraid.

If your display does 120Hz (which it likely does as all new displays do), the 3D-Discover will work too and is cheaper: http://www.curtpalme.com/3DDiscover.shtm

Kal

mikezilla2

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers So will this only output in 720p ie it downsacles to and dosnt output the 1080p signal as is ? ( cant watch converted 3d content in 1080P?)

the exchange rate Hurts alot

this would basically be used for 3d play back of films and games on my PS3 and PS4 and maybe the odd BD player or HTPC

wondering if there is a Cheaper Chinese alternative that Works

i want to Konw everything i can about this before i go putting any Money down!
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikezilla2 wrote:
Cheers So will this only output in 720p ie it downsacles to and dosnt output the 1080p signal as is ? ( cant watch converted 3d content in 1080P?)

If the signal is 3D, the 3D-Theater outputs 720p60 or 720p120 while the 3D-Discover outputs 720p120 (no 60Hz).

If the signal is 2D, both output whatever resolution is input up to 1080p (NTSC 480i/p, PAL 576i/p, HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p, etc). It simply passes the signal through. 4K is not supported however.

So correct that you can't watch 3D content is 1080p.

Quote:

I doubt it as 3D is pretty much dead. Most of these boxes have come and gone (like the Optoma 3D-XL and Viewsonic VP3D1, both of which are now discontinued). There's no business reason to design a new 3D converter box as there's little to no market for it. TV manufacturers are dropping 3D support on new TVs, the new Blu-ray 4K standard doesn't include 3D, etc.

Kal

mikezilla2

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
mikezilla2 wrote:

If the signal is 3D, the 3D-Theater outputs 720p60 or 720p120 while the 3D-Discover outputs 720p120 (no 60Hz).

If the signal is 2D, both output whatever resolution is input up to 1080p (NTSC 480i/p, PAL 576i/p, HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p, etc). It simply passes the signal through. 4K is not supported however.

So correct that you can't watch 3D content is 1080p.

Quote:

I doubt it as 3D is pretty much dead. Most of these boxes have come and gone (like the Optoma 3D-XL and Viewsonic VP3D1, both of which are now discontinued). There's no business reason to design a new 3D converter box as there's little to no market for it. TV manufacturers are dropping 3D support on new TVs, the new Blu-ray 4K standard doesn't include 3D, etc.

Kal

dont suppose "RealD 3D" glasses work ?

well alot of the time there are copy cats it just a question of how well they Work

i did find this - http://www.3d-vip.com/_p/prd13/361185021/product/3d-theatre%2B

guessing even that dosnt output 3d in 1080 aussming its Real ?

the Cost is the the real burdon here

i would just be Nice if i could watch/ play 3d stuff in 1080p at the minimum for the time being as i own a Few 3d films and yea aside from the Few exspeinces in games i could wholly ignore 3D ....

theres and the Fury cant do what i want can it ? costs to much anyway .......

not worried at all about it being in 4K at this point Sad

i missed out on getting the E6 oled .....
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikezilla2 wrote:
dont suppose "RealD 3D" glasses work ?

No. That would require two projectors (doesn't work with TVs) and circular polarizing filters. We used to sell a box that would convert for 2 projectors this way called the 3DEvolver: http://www.curtpalme.com/3DEvolver.shtm
It was discontinued some time ago.

Quote:
i did find this - http://www.3d-vip.com/_p/prd13/361185021/product/3d-theatre%2B

That's the 3D-TheaterPlus. We used to sell that as well: http://www.curtpalme.com/3DTheatrePlus.shtm
It was also discontinued some time ago.

The 3D-VIP company no longer exists. (You can't actually buy anything on their website). The 3D-Theater / 3D-Discover boxes we sell are from a spin-off company called 3D-Now (it's identical hardware).

Kal

mikezilla2

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manged to track down someone who had the Plus

how well dos the HDfury4 function with regards to 3d? and would it do what i need ?

Saw some things saying that it would output 3d at only 720 and others saying it would Do 1080 .... ?

has 3D been dropped from the very latest HDfury - vertex ?

what glasses are compatible with these set ups ?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikezilla2 wrote:
how well dos the HDfury4 function with regards to 3d? and would it do what i need ?
Saw some things saying that it would output 3d at only 720 and others saying it would Do 1080 .... ?
has 3D been dropped from the very latest HDfury - vertex ?

You'll have to ask the HDFury folks. We stopped selling/supporting their products many years ago.

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: