Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

problem with old Barco Graphics 6300 (damaged filter)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damien55

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: problem with old Barco Graphics 6300 (damaged filter) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi all,

I tried to fix an old BG 6300 as it was showing a misalignment of the LCD panels and also a massive stain appeared on the screen.

After dismantling the unit with the LCD panels I found out that the glue that keeps the panels in place broke loose on all 3 panels. This must be set at the factory on a tets bench as there is no way you can align and glue them inside the projector.
Anyway this problem can be fixed with a bit of trial an error so I'm not too worried.

I have an other issue with one of the filter that is placed between the green light source and the LCD panel. The filter is damaged (see picture) and it can't be fixed.

Does anybody know if this kind of filter can be found anywhere?

IMG-20170709-WA0014_small.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  240.79 KB
 Viewed:  6919 Time(s)

IMG-20170709-WA0014_small.jpg

View user's photo album (6 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know very little about digitals, but to answer your question: I doubt it. Most of these parts are custom made for Barco, so unless you find a parts 6300, I don't think you'll find one.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably get a filter like it from a company that specializes in dichroic filters but it will probably cost you more than the entire projector is worth in perfect condition.

Nobody has actually sold a 6300 on ebay in long enough that none show as sold when searching, and there are some listed for as
little as 225 dollars and no takers.

It's only 1024x768 resolution and the contrast ratio is not impressive at 350:1.

It's a fun toy to mess with and learn from but it's not worth putting any money into it.

The lens is probably worth saving.
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the polarizers & analyzers are the same for this projector as the Barco SIM6. Do an ebay search for "Barco Polarizer" and you'll see a seller who has the blue polarizer for the SIm6 available. The sim6 uses the same chassis as the 6300 (and light engine too), so it should be a drop in replacement.

This polarizer is the one that is NOT mounted to the LCD cube I assume? If it is mounted on the cube between the LCD and prism, then you need the "Barco Analyzer" which the same ebay seller also has. The part is $50 for either the analyzer or polarizer. The seller may give you a deal if you buy both, which wouldn't be a bad idea. The $50 is well worth it since the polarizers are what wear out on these models and make the image look like a pile of crap.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the green can be replaced with the blue, they are the same polarizer, with an ever so slightly different tint, it will not affect the color of the image at all.

If they're between the LCD and prism as your post suggests, you need the analyzers. I do believe the seller has the green ones too, but they just aren't listed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: