Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Over 40 new and used TOYO brand 8 track players!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Over 40 new and used TOYO brand 8 track players! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Perhaps my most ridiculous find, ever!

A buddy is helping clear out a house for the widow of a guy that apparently was the sales rep for the TOYO brand of 8 track players in the late 1960s/early 1970s. This is one of those hoarder places, the guy bought new tools and stereo stuff, and never used it.

I have run through a bunch of the open box Toyo units, and here’s what I’ve found. There is a mix of new and what I call ‘demo’ units, ‘demo’ being defined as open box but in as-new condition. It is possible that some of the demo units are customer returns, where they were purchased, then returned as being defective. There are also a number of open boxes that are labeled ‘defective’, that may have been swapped out or repaired, as they tested fine, despite the indicated issues on the boxes. There are also some obviously used units, and I will clearly identify those below.

The good news is, none of the units had bad belts or noisy controls, so it appears that Toyo used decent parts in the unit. As a board level tech, I’ve seen the insides of many consumer electronics products, and the overall construction quality is typical of late 1960s/early 1970s Japanese made units. Everything is hand soldered and wired, there was no wave soldering back then, for those interested.

A couple of units will be sold dirt cheap, and as is, with clear defects listed below.

Almost all of the units below have pictures if you google the model number.

I can ship via USPS in their original shipping boxes, but I strongly suggest that I double box them with bubble wrap so it’s packed well. Double boxing will add $10 USD to the shipping, due to the cost of the extra box and bubble wrap. Local pickup in Blaine, Wa or Langley, BC Canada is also encouraged at no cost of course. US shipments will ship from 98230, Blaine, Wa, and I take care of customs clearance, you see it as a domestic shipment. Canadian shipments will go via Canada Post. The weight runs between 10 and 35 lbs depending on the unit. I’ll insure every shipped unit for $100-200 USD depending on the purchase price.
A bunch of the boxes have wear and tear on them from being stored, but there’s no water damage, although some internal styro pieces may be cracked, typical for 40+ year old stereo equipment. Most of the demo units have all original paperwork inside including the manuals, the odd one does not. Any box that is open, I will test the unit prior to shipping and packing, then repack as I found the unit.

All pricing is in US dollars per player, add the going exchange rate (30% approx.) for Canadian dollars. I can take Paypal or major credit cards. Canadian sales are subject to applicable taxes, sorry!

CH-632. AM/FM/Stereo 8 track w/amp and internal speakers- demo unit 2 $100
CH-702-2/4 channel 8 track player w/internal amp-new units 9 $125
CH-702 2/4 channel 8 track player w/internal amp- used 4 $90
CH-315- portable stereo 8 track w/foldout speakers-new 1 $100
CRH-396-portable stereo 8 track/AM radio w/foldout speakers-demo 1 $100
CH-336- 8 track play/record stereo deck- used 1 $80
CS-722 underdash 2/4 channel playback 8 track car deck-new 1 $80
CS-722 underdash 2/4 channel playback 8 track car deck- used, defective 1 $30
CRH-740 4 channel AM/FM/8 track home unit- demo 3 $140
CHR-665 stereo AM/FM 8 track play record home unit-used 3 $100
CHR-630 Am/FM 8 track w/speakers- new 1 $130
CHR-630 Am/FM 8 track w/speakers- demo 1 $100
CHR-730 AM/FM 8 track stereo home unit- used 1 $90
CHR-631 Am/FM 8 track w/speakers home unit- demo 2 $100
CRH-665 AM/FM/stereo 8 track home unit-used 1 $80
CRH-730 AM/FM 2/4 channel 8 track home player 2 $150

Check out my eBay auctions for pictures:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/352081346356?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you find some interesting stuff.

And here I thought TOYO only made tires...

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was apparently a hoarder who collected audio and tools. There's apparently all sorts of high end tools (Mac and Snap On, etc, no Canadian Tire crap) in solid tool chests all over the place to boot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: