Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

2010 VDC 9518

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: 2010 VDC 9518 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I've changed everything now, except the backplane, as Redfox kept it.

It's alright, that board probably has nothing to do with anything. But still, better to change everything there is.

And as the title indicates, I wonder if it's fair to call it an issue 5, as the HDM says that. How many issues are there? Interesting thought.

Had to use an issue 2, 2005 HDM, with the f i r s t VDC 2010 I bought.

The remote wouldn't work, and rather then finding the problem I bought another pj from same batch. That's right, that's how you do it!

And the seller, Tjeerd, has tested and vouched for it, so I think it's ok.

photo hosting sites

image uploading

The 2005 HDM.

upload

image sharing

Last edited by thewolfman on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The backplane NEVER changed. Ultra or non-Ultra, they're the same and fully interchangeable, so there is really never a reason to change that. But the motherboard certainly changed. Easy way to tell: Look at the rear connectors. If they're like an IDE connector from a PC with an IDE drive, that's a newer board. If the rear connectors are the same kind you find on the edge of any plug-in board in the Marquee including the focus and HDM boards, (DIN 41612 series) then that's really old and not Ultra capable.

Curt has a library here on the site that has all the VDC service bulletins, and I think there's one that tells you which issues and revisions are compatible and incompatible with other board revisions and issues.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I follow you there so I'll post some images later. But it looks clean and new to me and that HDM has to be a winner.

And also, looking forward to see how the image behaves with a fresh HDM like that. I expect calm that even I can pick up on.

If not, it wont matter. I know it will be a very nice image when all is done with. A little left to do but soon I will fire this baby up!

I take bets on fire up on first go!
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There are two revision numbers to be taken into account for most of the Marquee boards. One is the revision number of the PCB (Rev. 5 as seen on Your picture). The other is the revision number of the schematic (the factual circuit). This is shown on the sticker that usually can be found on the board connector (see picture).
The PCB revision can stay the same over a longer period of time and at the same time You may see different circuit revisions with added/replaced/removed parts...

Regards,
barclay66

REV.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.05 KB
 Viewed:  3645 Time(s)

REV.jpg

View user's photo album (25 photos)
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are the same both of them. Rev. 1

Thanks, Barclay.

My new and current motherboard..

image hosting more than 5mb

My old motherboard.

20mb image hosting

Current motherboard..

image hosting 12mb

imgurl

Old Rev.1 motherboard

upload an image
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: