Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

7000 lumen Sanyo projectors (and 3800 lumen ones too!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: 7000 lumen Sanyo projectors (and 3800 lumen ones too!) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Gents, it's that time of year again when a local college is liquidating a bunch of their AV gear. This year I am getting a bunch of audio stuff, not sure exactly what yet (minimal value anyway), but I am also getting in:

20- Sanyo XT 200 projectors, 3800 lumens,specs here:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sanyo-PLC-XT20.htm

I will test all these to verify operation and no issues, and will post hour counts, but figure on $200 USD plus shipping per unit, unless one has a new bulb in it, in which case it will be $250 USD.

10- XP200 projectors. 7000 lumens, a wallpaper melter!

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sanyo-PLC-XP200L.htm

While these will do 1080p via the DVI input, they are a 768p native panel and are designed for high brightness presentation purposes. $800 USD each plus shipping.

Both prices are under the typical ebay completed auction price, feel free to check.

Will post details next weekend as I start testing them.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting unit. (The 7000 lumen one.) It basically adds a fourth yellow channel to the RGB mix, allowing yellow tones to be handled by the yellow panel, rather than dedicate resources to both red and green at the same time in order to produce yellow shades. This allows red and green to both be used to greater effect ONLY in the red and green ranges of the spectrum, as I understand it.

It's just sharing the load between more color panels.

7000 lumens is pretty intense! But the contrast ratio is 2200 to 1. Howver it should SEEM better than that because a bright scene will blow out your night vision adaptation and when it goes dark you won't see ANYTHING.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanyos are super reliable overall. Out of the 100 or so projectors I've gotten in the last 5 years, I think only two were bad.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking these all up today. 3 of the 7000 lumen projectors are already sold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: