Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

ESL 63 Xformers OR DIY ESL Xformers. Also more ESL 63 parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archidan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: ESL 63 Xformers OR DIY ESL Xformers. Also more ESL 63 parts Reply with quote

I have a set of transformers from a pair of QUAD ESL 63's. For repair of QUADS or more likely DIY as these are literally the last part that will fail in 63's. Im asking $90 for the set of 4. Quad uses 2 xfrms per speaker, so 4 of these will drive two speakers. these are the bare xfrms and contain none of the delay line circuitry in the QUAD so you can use them for your own design. the step up ratio is 1:245 with primaries connected in parallel as quad used them. There seems to be some high voltage overlap between CRT users and DIY esl builders so i thought i'd try selling here.... i apologize to those disappointed its not CRT stuff Smile

I also have the following QUAD 63 parts:

high voltage supply boards / HV supply transformers (its a basic diode ladder that delivers about 5.2kv) - 49 each

Protection circuits -spark arrestor boards and zener clamp boards (post serial number 29,000, quad's latest design) asking 300 for a full set of 2 of each boards - that is half of what Kent McCollough at ES Solution sells them for.

top and bottom trim dress panels - set of 4 complete:
Rosewood - meh condition 125 some scratches and dings, not warped tho. once they warp you have to throw them out
Black - great shape - 250
Oak - Great shape - 250

Crosby mod style Super-sheer mesh grill socks - black - as thin as panty hose. completely acoustically transparent and largely visually too. $99 for the Pair - they are 125 new

USA Monitor Style open grills/safety screen - these are the more open style grill from the USA Monitors, not the downfiring slitted metal of the earliest 63's - 35 each

I also have dead panels, and all other chassis parts for the 63

all items ship from Portland, OR, USA, 97239. i pack very well but also very compactly for cheapest shipping possible (i have a degree in making things out of cardboard - that is what architecture school really is)

Im mentioned in the Good Trader thread, and you may check my 17 years of perfect ebay feedback and on audiogon - same user name- Archidan

Thanks, Dan

quadstuffsmall.jpg
 Description:
quad stuff
 Filesize:  442.23 KB
 Viewed:  1977 Time(s)

quadstuffsmall.jpg

quadxfrmsmall.jpg
 Description:
xfmrs
 Filesize:  310.01 KB
 Viewed:  1977 Time(s)

quadxfrmsmall.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: