Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Wireless hdmi Projector

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Wireless hdmi Projector Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Is there a good quality wireless hdmi projector that works really well. Say under $2500?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard, no. For static images, wireless HDMI is fine, but for streaming video, not a good idea.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't snake HDMI to where your PJ is but you already have a coax cable (even RCA video cable there, just replace rica connector with an F contour or use an adaptor) try this out http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/33-11970

With the receiver at the PJ end. it looks promising . Up to 1080p@60. If you send 1080p@24 it should work well.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rgbvh cable from the switcher to the projector. Thru a wall & hidden in the attic
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
I have rgbvh cable from the switcher to the projector. Thru a wall & hidden in the attic

That would work. B&H photo also sells an HDMI to SDI transmitter and SDI to HDMI receiver. That should also work too.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1123529-REG/kanexpro_ext_hdsdix_hdmi_to_3g_hd_sd_sdi_converter.html

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even cheaper, HDMI to cat 5 and cat 5 to HDMI converters are easy to find, too.
dadu007

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I know this thread is old, but I've been playing with some (newer) HT gear in our (new to us, but old) house.

Graduated from an old Sony 1031Q. Ah, the good ol' days!

Nabbed a Benq HT3050 at an Amazon flash sale about a year ago and finally mounted it on the ceiling:

http://www.benq.us/product/projector/ht3050/

Waited another 7 months for this wireless HDMI adapter/transmitter to be released. It is now installed inside the projector:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1252124-REG/benq_5j_y1j28_a01_wdp02_wireless_fhd_kit.html

At default settings with my Denon receiver there doesn't seem to be any problems with lip sync or picture.

I can't really know for sure if the picture is degraded (or calibration affected), but so far it seems exactly the same as when the projector was hardwired to the Blu-ray player.

And no wires!

Just ordered the Chromapure calibration package, so I'll be playing with that in the coming months...
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Didn't realize how expensive the kit is. Glad it works well for you
HD-DAVE

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scored a 25 hour Epson 3010 ( larger Home Cinema unit , does 1080p 3D ) off craigslist about 8 months ago, which came with the wireless HD adapter unit. Once you have signal going to the adapter you just press the WirelessHD button on the remote to connect.

While I can say that the quality of the streamed video was excellent , never noticed any degredation nor lip sync issues - the main pain the butt was every time I did anything DVD/Blu-Ray navigation related or source changes on my Yamaha atmos receiver the Epson would loose sync and it would take upwards of 5 seconds to show an image again, sometimes longer. While it was nice not having a cable running to it, eventually I had to hardwire and haven't looked back.

By the way, Epson Canada has a smoking deal on refurbished 3010's right now -- only $649 CDN !

https://epson.ca/Clearance-Centre/Home-Entertainment/PowerLite-Home-Cinema-3010-1080p-3LCD-Projector---Refurbished/p/V11H421020-N

The image quality, even over 3D , is really good. The 3D is just as good as my local Cineplex.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: