Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Fortitude

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Fortitude Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
OK folks if you ever were looking for a TV show to which you can test your contrast levels in analog and digital then here you go. I love the look of this television series. It reminded me of Wallander and other such bleak detective/mystery/crime dramas but the shooting locations and views were quite enjoyable.

My wife would have a hard time in a place called Fortitude, but I long for the cold, snowy and silent aspects of a hard winter, which keeps people in their homes and quiet. I am entertained by the characters in this series and even more infatuated by actress Verónica Echegui. For an actress of Spain origin I found her beautiful and intriguing--now just don't tell my wife I said that.

Think Penelope Cruz and then you will understand what I am saying and I look forward to seeing her in more things. Fortitude takes place on an island above the Arctic circle, which is isolated with something strange happening in its little town that is outnumbered by Polar Bears by three or four.

Usually I am good at guessing early who or what did it but this time I was distracted by enjoying the imagery, including that of Verónica and her character. I would highly recommend anyone watching this series and it appears there are two seasons, each about 11-12 episodes and each episode running ~47 minutes.

I will say I like to watch a series, full or mini, where the plots are so intricately intertwined as to be bewildering on how the writer(s) came up with such an idea. I watched all 12 episodes in about a day and a half and of course the wife ain't proud of me. I did the same with Mr Robot and now she feels even more like she is the only one working (she's isn't).

At first I thought this show was going to be like the movie Whiteout with Kate Beckinsale, but I was rather blindsided as to where the show was going. Watch it!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fortitude Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
...but I long for the cold, snowy and silent aspects of a hard winter, which keeps people in their homes and quiet.

Clearly you never lived in such a place. Laughing
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Fortitude Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
I will say I like to watch a series, full or mini, where the plots are so intricately intertwined as to be bewildering on how the writer(s) came up with such an idea. I watched all 12 episodes in about a day and a half and of course the wife ain't proud of me. I did the same with Mr Robot and now she feels even more like she is the only one working (she's isn't).t!
is it time for a self- help support group?
Quote:
hello, my name is Wanman and i have a streaming problem
Mr. Green

garyfritz wrote:
WanMan wrote:
...but I long for the cold, snowy and silent aspects of a hard winter, which keeps people in their homes and quiet.

Clearly you never lived in such a place. Laughing
lol, my first thought exactly. quaint coszy feelings of winter, warm sweaters, hot cocoa, i can do that for about a day, maybe 2. thanks to aggravated Global warming It's going ot be 60's all week, and dam if I don't feel better than I have in days. just knowing I can spend the weekend outside with my kid fishing , biking, whatever . thank goodness
View user's photo album (2 photos)
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I grew up in New England and always enjoyed the peace and quiet that came from people too weak to deal with the outdoors. this meant fewer cars about the neighborhood, especially those summer choppers. I've slung many of firewood from the basement storage and fetched cold winter stores to eat--actually seamed justifiable during the occasional blizzard. Sure, I've not lived in the Arctic and yes that is a different level of living but my words are in stark contrast to this southern sh*t of a winter with temps in the 70's (F).

So, no one else has seen this series?

And I don't have a streaming problem. Razz

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive seen the first series. loved it. wasn't aware they made another series.

kinda like twin peaks, in the arctic.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of twin Peaks ... I recently bought the boxed set on BD and now must focus on watching it and give Amazon Prime a rest.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I watch twin peaks every year.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: