Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 1209S no picture...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7supersprint

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Barco 1209S no picture... Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Yesterday it worked fine, today it doesn't start up anymore. No light on the tubes, no sound of HV coming up, cooling fans are working.

I have checked the diagnostics leds:

1. The HTHD led is off
2. Scan fail led is on (red)
3. +Conv led is off
4. Other leds on the G2/diagnostic board are green
5. Red led on R7621127 (Sync+ vertical defection board) in on (red)
6. EHT leds are off

Any clue? I have some spare boards to switch but where to start?

Thanks, Roel.
7supersprint

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, got a bit further...

Switched the horizontal deflection board with a spare and now I have all green lights on the G2 board and no red scan failure anymore. I also hear HV coming on but still no picture and the red led on the sync&vertical deflection board still illuminating.
Switched the sync&deflectionboard with a spare with no success, red led is still on.

Any thoughts how to get on now?

Roel.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look into the lenses. Do you see a very faint flicker coming from either the very top or very bottom of the tubes? If so, the set is most likely working fine, the red light on the V board indicates that the board is not syncing to an input signal.

What signal are you sending to the projector?
7supersprint

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt, up and running again Because of the red led I wasn't shure if putting a signal on it would harm anything but with signal on it is working again.

Many thanks!

Roel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: