Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Moome FullHD card on Barco 808

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Moome FullHD card on Barco 808 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I finally got around to installing this thing and I have absolutely zero signal from this card.

I have the barco on input 3 and the moome card on input 4 (i have only a single HDMI cable on the lowest input - i've tried hdmi 1 as well with no luck).

I have tried a connection going through a receiver and then into my PC as well as directly to a PS3 (even had the PS3 reset all of its video settings).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm about done with CRT in general...
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now it wont turn on...great!

Any ideas?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed 3 of these with zero issues. Did you plug the little board into the 9 pin connector on the back, and have you cycled the little switch on it through all of the inputs?

How long is the HDMI cable? If over 10', use a shorter 6' one, make sure that the 24fps setting on the source you're using is in the OFF setting, not the 'auto'.

Try 1080i before trying 1080p as well. It's possible that the card is defective, but usually it's a connection issue.
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I've installed 3 of these with zero issues. Did you plug the little board into the 9 pin connector on the back, and have you cycled the little switch on it through all of the inputs?

How long is the HDMI cable? If over 10', use a shorter 6' one, make sure that the 24fps setting on the source you're using is in the OFF setting, not the 'auto'.

Try 1080i before trying 1080p as well. It's possible that the card is defective, but usually it's a connection issue.

Thanks for the ideas. I have a bigger issue at the moment. The Barco will turn on for a few seconds and then off and then back on and off again. Have you ever encountered this before?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in the fans turn off, or the picture goes out? If the set shuts off, green light on the back goes back to red, then either there's a fault in the set (try pulling out the Moome card to see if it will stay on), or one of the remote/keypad buttons is stuck, constantly sending commands to the projector. If the power/standby button sticks, that exact thing will happen. if there's a scan fail in the set, the identical will happen though.
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
As in the fans turn off, or the picture goes out? If the set shuts off, green light on the back goes back to red, then either there's a fault in the set (try pulling out the Moome card to see if it will stay on), or one of the remote/keypad buttons is stuck, constantly sending commands to the projector. If the power/standby button sticks, that exact thing will happen. if there's a scan fail in the set, the identical will happen though.

Sorry for the delay, I just had time to mess with it again.

There is never a picture. It starts up, fans spin up, and it sits there for about 5-10 seconds and then it powers off and then immediately tries again all on its own. It does the 3 times and then calls it quits.

I've removed the moome card entirely. Any ideas?

Is there something I might want to try resetting? I've turn the projector full off, pulled power, and then plugged in power, pressed the on switch then hit the standby button to turn it on.

I'm not sure were to even start on this guy so I'm all ears, anything you want me to try I'll give it a go.

Thanks!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the row of green lights and the single red one on the G2 board. UNder normal operation, all greens are on, and the red is off. Let me know which greens are off if any, and if the red is on
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Check the row of green lights and the single red one on the G2 board. UNder normal operation, all greens are on, and the red is off. Let me know which greens are off if any, and if the red is on

Ok so I see a lot of green lights and a single red one on one of the add-in cards.

A few things:

1. I'm not sure what a G2 board is (is that a pci-e like add-in card?)
2. Where should I be looking for these lights? There are only a few lights on the back of the unit.

This is a Barco 808 (not sure of the trailing letter).
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoopn wrote:
2. Where should I be looking for these lights? There are only a few lights on the back of the unit.

Everything you ever wanted to know about a Barco 808, including a breakdown of all cards/lights/etc:

http://www.curtpalme.com/Barco808.shtm

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
whoopn wrote:

Everything you ever wanted to know about a Barco 808, including a breakdown of all cards/lights/etc:

http://www.curtpalme.com/Barco808.shtm

Kal

Thanks Kal, thats all good info but I'm not finding a way to help me clarify on curt's question.

Is the g2 board essentially the motherboard? Or is that an addin card?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link I provided above has various sub-sections and pages that describe all of the boards. See the sub-section called "Layout and Setup Tips" for all the boards, including a description of the G2 board, what the lights mean, and so forth.

If you're new to the 808, best you read everything. There's a lot of information there.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
The link I provided above has various sub-sections and pages that describe all of the boards. See the sub-section called "Layout and Setup Tips" for all the boards, including a description of the G2 board, what the lights mean, and so forth.

If you're new to the 808, best you read everything. There's a lot of information there.

Kal

Derp! I was clicking on the wrong links, found the section. Thank you Kal!
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Ok still having issues with the moome card Reply with quote

Still having trouble.

This is my diag board:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/NEavwb7.jpg?2[/img]

It turns on for about 10 seconds initially from power applied from wall and hitting the standby button and then it does two more attempts at about 5 seconds each.
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have a red light on the g2 and the very last green is off (the one away from the rest, this is convergence related right?)

I'm not sure what else to check.

What I would really like to know is if there is something to be reset or if this projector is now in need of repair.
whoopn

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:

Red is on, all but two green are on.

http://i.imgur.com/NEavwb7.jpg?2

Is there a list of what each light corresponds to?

I'm going to pop out the G2 diag card and look at the fuses tonight in addition to the EHT board. Anything else I should inspect? I'll take photos of it all.

Thanks again for any help you're willing to provide (if we get this guy to work I'm going to donate to you, your help is very much appreciated!)

Also, if you have some kind of service I'm supposed to be paying for to get help please let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: