Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 808g to 1209s?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baales

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Barco 808g to 1209s? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am currently using a Barco 808g at 720p with a Eisemann HDMI input card and other mods. Everything is working well. I cannot project 1080p without sparkles and noise. If I upgraded to one of Barco 1209s projectors that Curt has for sale, what would the Moome HDMI input card cost for this projector, or would it be included? Would I be able to use the same mount and throw distance (109") that I am currently using? Would I see any dramatic picture quality differences? A 9" CRT Tube refers to WHAT measurement?
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tube size measurement is measured diagonally across the phosphor face. It is the effective size of the tube.

What we call a 9 inch tube is technically 8.6 inches diagonally.

Advantages of larger tubes are higher resolution because there's a bigger area for the electron beam to draw on, higher light output because there's more phosphor area to light up, and longer tube life for any given specific brightness level on the screen as compared to a smaller tube delivering the same specific on-screen brightness.

Basically, nobody who upgrades from an 8" set to a 9" set wants to go back to an 8" set. There's a reason for that.

As for throw distance and screen size, refer to the manual for both models. It'll tell you. I don't have much of any Barco specific information.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Barco 808g to 1209s? Reply with quote

baales wrote:
I am currently using a Barco 808g at 720p with a Eisemann HDMI input card and other mods. Everything is working well. I cannot project 1080p without sparkles and noise. If I upgraded to one of Barco 1209s projectors that Curt has for sale, what would the Moome HDMI input card cost for this projector, or would it be included? Would I be able to use the same mount and throw distance (109") that I am currently using? Would I see any dramatic picture quality differences? A 9" CRT Tube refers to WHAT measurement?

I owned a few of those 808g and they are nice projectors. This is an excellent read and will improve your
image.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33918&highlight=electrohome+8500

This will make a difference and is virtually free.

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparkles at 1080p sounds like a weak signal via the HDMI cable, or a poor HDMI cable. how long is it? The BG808 will do 1080p no problem, the issue is not in the projector. A 1209s will be sharper for sure due to the larger tubes though.
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Barco 808g to 1209s? Reply with quote

baales wrote:

The Eisemann card will work in the 1209 the same way it does in the 808g. Sparkles do sound like the HDMI cable as suggested. You will loose picture size with the 1209. The 1209 will need to be moved further back from the screen. I changed from an 808s to a 919 and lost about 8 inches of picture size as I can't move the projector further back. It's worth the change and size loss. Going to 9 inch LC makes a big difference.
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Barco 808g to 1209s? Reply with quote

baales wrote:

As pointed out check the HDMI cable and connections but I have a couple of the Eisemann cards one DVI and one HDMI both which I don't use due to colour balance issues so its possible the problem is in the card. Have you tried 1080i or p via Port 5 as a test. If you still get the same result you can discount all thats been said or confirm it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: