Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Favorie Ghost show(s)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Favorie Ghost show(s)? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just watching "Dead of Night - Exorcism" BBC 1972

What are some of yours?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Others with Nicole Kidman was really pretty good old time ghost story with a twist at the end. Also, Woman in Black

I still like a good old fashioned horror movie that isn't a mindless slasher flick
View user's photo album (2 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm partial to Paranormal witness, Ghosts Hunters (TAPS), A haunting, and Ghost Mine. To name a few. Very Happy

CRT.

HD done right!
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
The Others with Nicole Kidman was really pretty good old time ghost story with a twist at the end. Also, Woman in Black

I still like a good old fashioned horror movie that isn't a mindless slasher flick

Regarding WIB, the hallway scene as the lights go out proves that less is more; a good modern take on classic english ghost story. Another one that I liked is "The Awakening". In both cases- english actors, old manor and practical (if any) special FX make a perfect combination. At the end of the day it's tough to beat an English ghost story if for no other reason than the simple fact that english actors are superior to American.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeremy- if you like TV related stuff try "The Enfield Haunting". I didn't watch all of it (miniseries) but looking to finish it up once my theater is up an running.
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:
Hey Jeremy- if you like TV related stuff try "The Enfield Haunting". I didn't watch all of it (miniseries) but looking to finish it up once my theater is up an running.

Yes! I saw that a few weeks ago. Very well done. Reminds me of the ghost programs from the '70's. No kitchie special effects just tell it like it is.

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week I'm also watching "The Dead Files" I like the shows way of doing their investigation.

Their Medium, Amy Allan is told nothing about the location prior to visiting it. They go in ahead of time and take out all the personal pictures or cover them up so they won't influence her.

Meanwhile ex-NYPD Homicide detective Steve Di Schiavi does an independent investigation on the property, its history and any previous deaths/murders in and around the property.

They compare notes at the end and make a recommendation to the property owners on whether to get out or try cleansing the place and how to go about it.

CRT.

HD done right!
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:
Another one that I liked is "The Awakening". In both cases- english actors, old manor and practical (if any) special FX make a perfect combination. At the end of the day it's tough to beat an English ghost story if for no other reason than the simple fact that english actors are superior to American.
yup, liked that one too.

The Babadook is good too, I like the ones with a psychological twist behind them.

It's all in your head Mr. Green
View user's photo album (2 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
jbmeyer13 wrote:

Yes! I saw that a few weeks ago. Very well done. Reminds me of the ghost programs from the '70's. No kitchie special effects just tell it like it is.

This was also the story in "The Conjuring 2" saw that last night. A good watch in the dark. I LOVE this stuff!

CRT.

HD done right!
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Jeremy what do you have lined up for this October? I'm having a tough time finding anything good. With exception of Lights Out, Get Out and Conjuring 2 there hasn't been much of anything with decent production quality.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like watching Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures. Now? Eh - not a big ghost guy anymore.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binge watched Dead Files. I like that show

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scored "Ghost Hunters" Season 1 box set. Fun watch!

EDIT: damit disk 3 stut....stut....stutters!

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: