Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Runco VFC-4404 info?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbiancardi

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Runco VFC-4404 info? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just picked up one of these but I cannot find any information or documentation on it, anyone familiar with it?

Runco VFC-4404 - Looking for manual or information about it, thanks in advance.

Note I am using this in my Laserdisc setup.

[/img]
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See our website here for specs/manuals on Runco video processors: http://www.curtpalme.com/VideoProcessors.shtm#Runco

We have Runco VHD-4404U info. Not sure if the VFC-4404 is the same.

Good luck!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
pbiancardi

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info but no its not the same thing. I figured this was meant for Runco projectors in the past so I was hoping someone here would know about it...
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, Runco doesn't make any of their own equipment, including their previously available CRT projectors. They're simply rebadged units , so their video processors are likely the same. There's nothing about a video processor like this that would make it "only" work with a Runco CRT projector (because Runco never made CRT projectors).

I'm sure the concepts are all similar between their video processors, similar to other video processors.

What exactly are you looking to do with your unit? What info did you need? What display are you using it with? What sources are you using?

For what it's worth it's a bare bones scaler. Unless you're running a CRT from an older source that doesn't have a scaler built in (like laserdisc, VHS, etc) you won't need it as most sources these days have built in scalers that are more flexible.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some generic info here: http://www.widescreenreview.com/news_detail.php?id=387

Quote:
Runco Introduces The Latest In Video Processing Technology

15-Apr-99

At the annual Runco Getaway í99 in Ixtopa, Mexico, Runco International, a leader in high performance video display technology, introduced the PFC-4404 video processor. The company also announced the adoption of its new trademark, WideVisionÆ. Sam Runco, President, said his company forthwith will only produce widescreen display devices. The VPC-4404 is the newest addition to Runcoís fine line of high-end video processors, and has many new and improved features compared to previous models. For a suggested retail price of $19,995, the VFC-4404 has several features that similarly priced competitorsí processors do not, including multiple scan rates, multiple source switching capability, and user friendly on-screen menus. Specific features include: - Four scan rate outputs: 2x (31.5 kHz), 2.5x (38.8 kHz), 3x (48 kHz), and 4x (64 kHz) - Frame doubled mode for 100Hz refresh rate (PAL) or 120Hz (NTSC). This feature is a special benefit for use in countries where 50Hz flicker is objectionable. - An RGB pass-through for use with external RGB or Component sources, especially DTV. - Seven (7) discrete inputs: -- Infrared, wired, front panel AND RS-232/422 controls for ease of operation. The unit also includes a comprehensive but simple remote control. - Accepts multiple video standards, including PAL, SECAM, NTSC 4.43 and standard NTSC. - Time-Base correction for unstable sources such as VCRs. - Automatic Motion and Film adaptation for smooth, film-like images. - A LCD front panel display. The VFC-4404 is now shipping. The VFC-4404 is scheduled for a review in Issue 33 of Widescreen Review along with a special Runco projector designed with short-throw lenses for optimized custom rear-projection installation. Runco Getaway í99 is an annual event hosted by Sam and Laurie Runco. Each year the company honors its top dealers and the companyís representatives at a different resort location in Mexico. Select members of the media are invited to participate in the round table discussions on the state of the home theatre industry. This was the second year that Widescreen Review Editor and Publisher Gary Reber and Executive Publisher Marlene Reber were invited. The interaction among individuals, which represent the most successful high-end home theatre dealers in the country, is unique and enlightening as the group discusses a wide range of topics and issues pertaining to building a home theatre, DVD, DTV/HDTV, and display technologies. For more information contact Rick Bergamaschi at 510 293 9154 or visit the Runco International Web site at www.runco.com.

Kal

pbiancardi

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is exactly what I found, and all I found.

I have (2) Runco LD players that are rebadged Panasonics so I am aware of what they do. I am using the 4404 for its comb filter and line doubling after my LD players and before my DVDO Scaler and Algoith Mosquito feeding my 4k vizio and was just curious what's inside the Runco. I was using a Faroudja NRS prior and the Runco seems to work better...

Last edited by pbiancardi on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - maybe someone will chime in if they have any further info.

Cheers,

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: