Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Oppo 103/105 Jailbreak Firmware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Oppo 103/105 Jailbreak Firmware Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
EDIT 2016/08/14

Another way of doing it would be this.

DVDFab Cinavia Removal HD, the first lossless Cinavia Removal solution to remove Cinavia Audio watermarks.

http://www.dvdfab.cn/cinaviaremoval-hd.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzYLg5fNjFM

I run across this add now and then, and it's tempting to order an Oppo BDP-103D and then update it with this Jailbreak firmware in order to get rid of the Cinavia protection and make it ISO compatible. I always wanted an 103D but the Cinavia issue has always stopped me from getting one.

Seller with the key:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPPO-PLAYER-JAILBREAK-FIRMWARE-MULTI-REGION-CODE-FREE-ISO-REMOVE-CINAVIA-/251958640685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa9e7c02d

The firmware:

http://mail.sina.com.cn/netdisk/download.php?id=aebf7b7cb8019dd883c3eee0995f591017

Cinavia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia

Same guy on Youtube with instructions.. only here he says the trick with Cinavia does NOT work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J322pYH9yd0

Last edited by thewolfman on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reddman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several guys on another forum with Oppo 103s have stated that the latest custom firmware does indeed disable Cinavia. The video you posted is from over a year ago.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good reason to get one is the 7.1 pre-out which the pc does not support. Using the HDMI output for 7.1 from the pc never worked for me because it always freezes. And of course to utilize the Oppos video chip from the pc and get a much better image. But one needs a VP for that so it might be a while before I get one, if ever.
Reddman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get an OPPO 103 also but the price is a bit much for me. Maybe one day
paw

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddman wrote:
Several guys on another forum with Oppo 103s have stated that the latest custom firmware does indeed disable Cinavia. The video you posted is from over a year ago.

Which forum?

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I am thinking about ordering the firmware.

Right now I have a 105D and 95 in the same rack. The only reason the 95 is in the rack is because of the ISO playback capability and no Cinavia on the old firmware. I could sell the 95 with ISO playback and no Cinavia for around $1000 and have one less thing in my rack.

I also have a 103... maybe it's time to move some equipment between the theater and living room and have one less player.

The jailbreak firmware has been out for a long time and I have been following it. It seems the hackers are supporting the future firmware's really well. I'm pretty confident that it's solid. Thing is that I also must beta test new firmware's for Oppo so I couldn't run the jailbreak on the player I am testing. That said, the 10xD is really not in development anymore so I may not have anymore testing to do on that model line...

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:

Right now I have a 105D and 95 in the same rack. The only reason the 95 is in the rack is because of the ISO playback capability and no Cinavia on the old firmware. I could sell the 95 with ISO playback and no Cinavia for around $1000 and have one less thing in my rack.

I also have a 103... maybe it's time to move some equipment between the theater and living room and have one less player.

The jailbreak firmware has been out for a long time and I have been following it. It seems the hackers are supporting the future firmware's really well. I'm pretty confident that it's solid. Thing is that I also must beta test new firmware's for Oppo so I couldn't run the jailbreak on the player I am testing. That said, the 10xD is really not in development anymore so I may not have anymore testing to do on that model line...

craigr

Ok, I ordered the 103D, and I've been reading up on, how to access the MAC code (as the add suggested) and wonder if you happen to know how to find it? There is no such thing is "MAC"-code as far as I'm cocenred.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:

craigr

Ok, I ordered the 103D, and I've been reading up on, how to access the MAC code (as the add suggested) and wonder if you happen to know how to find it? There is no such thing is "MAC"-code as far as I'm cocenred.

I assumed that what the broken English meant is just the MAC address of the network adapter?

Shoot them a question about it.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:

craigr

I assumed that what the broken English meant is just the MAC address of the network adapter?

Shoot them a question about it.

craigr

I can't believe how close I came, to not catch that EU 103D is NOT supported. This add is so messy that I missed out on that fact at the bottom. So I have packed it all back together - and pray to God the shop aren't going to bitch about the missing film that you always find on any new equipment - the one that covers the slot.

I wrote him/her an email to be sure.. but it does look like EU and Australia can't have this mod.
dscheulen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Oppo 93 / 95 Reply with quote

Looking for an Oppo 93 / 95 model that plays ISO's
Hastor

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also been trying to interpret this ad on aliexpress. I was going to buy a region free Oppo BDP-103 from ebay, but I'm not sure of the country of origin. It mentions support for dual voltage and ability to convert between PAL and NTSC, so I'm thinking possibly an EU version.

Does this firmware definitely not work with these models? Do US models ever support these features? If it isn't a US model, would that affect the ability to use apps within the US on it?
dsnape

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I know that has been a while since there has been activity on this thread but I have been looking around on the net to find the custom firmware to remove the Cinavia protection. The seller on Ebay and Alibaba is no longer active.

Can anyone confirm if this firmware does indeed remove the Cinavia protection and if not propose another option.

My unit is a US version

Thank you

Danny
Hastor

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsnape wrote:
Hello,

I know that has been a while since there has been activity on this thread but I have been looking around on the net to find the custom firmware to remove the Cinavia protection. The seller on Ebay and Alibaba is no longer active.

Can anyone confirm if this firmware does indeed remove the Cinavia protection and if not propose another option.

My unit is a US version

Thank you

Danny

Danny, I have the US model of the BDP-103 and can confirm that this did remove cinavia protection. I've tested at least two titles which didn't work before this firmware, and have had no issues playing them. It also lets you change region by changing the desired menu language (for blu-ray), is region free for DVD, and perhaps my favorite feature, lets you play ISO files from usb devices just as if they were discs. I've even tried a 50GB 3D blu-ray ISO and it worked great, 3D, menus and all.

I do see a similar firmware being offered here:
http://bd-mod.com/buy.php

I can't vouch for that seller though. I got mine off Alibaba. At that time, the link in the article here went to a 'no longer offered' page, and someone else provided a new link which also went to a similar page. I was able to find it by viewing the seller's other items, but it does look as if they aren't active right now. You could try sending them a message to see if they are out there, or try the above link. If you do, please let me know how it goes.

The guy on alibabi always released an update within a few months of Oppo updating. While mine is up to date since they haven't released a new one since I got it, I'd like to know in case I need to update some day. I'm also curious as to whether my key will work with the firmware being distributed there (free to download, but you need a key).

For mine, I have to leave a USB thumbdrive connected which contains files that have my keys, and those keys are tied to the MAC address of my player, so it isn't something you can just share (probably could be, but this allows them to make money selling it).

If you do get it, one thing that wasn't noted anywhere that confused me for a while is that if you have autoplay on, and you start up the player by opening the drive and putting a disc in, it won't read your key and none of the custom features will work. Once I disabled autoplay, and always wait for the volume bar to appear twice after boot, and all usb devices to be recognized, it works fine. I just wait about 15 seconds after turning it on before starting anything. I do love this firmware though!
dsnape

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am primarily playing MKV back ups on disc with select titles having the cinavia audio problem.

Thank you for the link. Unless I am mistaken it appears that there are two different kinds of firmware:

1, Requires USB stick to always be attached when player in use
2, Can update via USB and stick is no longer needed.

Investigating on the link you provided there is a download section for the Oppo player with the end download resulting in a file size of 130mb. I assume that the encryfile.dat file mentioned is required for the firmware to work correctly.

The file found at the top of this page is 123mb and is a sole bin file. From the posters on this page there is no mention that this file requires a validation key or that the USB key is required to be plugged in. I am concerned as there is conflicting opinions on it success with Cinavia.

I will try tonight and let you know my result with the free file.

Thank you
dsnape

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that I miss read the email. It seems that I need to have a key for the firmware to work at the top of this page as well.
Hastor

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny,

I will note that when I ordered my firmware, it took a little while, and when I received it, he said something like 'sorry for the delay, we had fixed cinavia'. I asked what he meant, and if there was something wrong before, and never got an answer. He was actually really good about replying promptly, but I don't think he was extremely fluent in english as I often had to do a little work to figure out what he was saying, and it didn't always directly answer my question. So maybe there was a previous version where it wasn't fixed before mine? I got mine in March, so not that long ago at all.

While I guess it could run into issues with some movies I haven't tried, I tried two blu-ray backups, both which I tested as non-working (after the cinavia screen appeared 20 mins in or so) prior to installing the firmware, and both played fine with the firmware. Since then I haven't paid much attention as to whether something had cinavia or not, so I can't say for sure that I've tested other titles, but I've never gotten the cinavia screen since installing it. One was a new release in March, so I'd assume was using the latest cinavia protection. They were just movies I owned and made backups of to test the firmware.

Also maybe worth noting, the firmware will not cause issues without the key, but without the key, you don't get any additional features, and it is the same as using the factory firmware. I do like this as it means my player at least won't be bricked if I lose my key (though I made multiple backups). I just wonder if some reporting that it doesn't work may be trying to use it with no key, or the wrong key. Then again, as mentioned, it could have been an older version or certain titles.

If you do try that site, or any other, please let us know how it turns out so that others will know.
dsnape

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The firmware on site http://bd-mod.com does not work. The seller confirmed with me that they had fixed the Cinavia issue but Cinavia is not deactivated.

I am working with the seller to find a way to rectify the issue.

Do not waste your money with this seller
Hastor

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. Do you mind if I ask how you tested it? Was it with a regular BD backup? As mentioned, I've only knowingly tested two titles that weren't working before. I watched one all the way through, and let the other play about 5-10 minutes past the point where Cinavia normally popped up.

I also wonder if my key would work with that firmware and vice versa... like I could provide you a copy of the firmware, but no idea if that key you have would be supported, or if it is modified so that only that seller's keys work.
Hastor

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I assume you've tested the other features like region changing and confirmed that the firmware itself was working? As mentioned, if I used auto-play, or didn't wait for the volume bar to pop up and disappear a couple of times after starting the player, none of the jailbreak features worked.
dsnape

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested the firmware with a MKV copy of a film I own. The film itself has DTS HD Master soundtrack as I did not want to down convert to AC3.

I followed the instructions:

1, Downloaded and extracted the firmware onto the USB stick for your reference this was firmware 1031
2, I copied this file and my encryption key onto the stick
3, I checked my player was disconnected from the internet - it was.
4, I powered off my player installed the USB stick
5, I turned on the player went to the updated firmware by USB the firmware was found a selected yes of all of the different underling functions.
6, Player resettled
7, Reset the player to factory settings including accounts

When I tested a film that has Cinavia the film played up until the 21 minute mark and then I see error 3 as before.
When inserting the disc I would power on the player first with the power button then wait until I see the home screen I would insert my disc, go to the video part as I am playing a data disc with a MKV file.

Currently on the player auto play is engaged as this is a factory setting I can disable this to see if it makes a difference.

I do not have any need to make my player region free as I am watching only MKV backups and as such region restrictions are removed during this process.

I reached out to the seller and he responded to me today, I hope that he is investigating the issue.

Thank you for offering to let me try your firmware, I gladly except your offer.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: