Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Qualia 004 power supply problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndespres

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Qualia 004 power supply problem Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My Qualia 004 would not turn on after a brief power outage due to corrosion and low voltage in our house's connection to the electrical grid. I'd like to have it fixed without incurring the costs of packing, shipping, and insuring the whole projector. Since I saw a message online that Curt posted in 2014 that he had successfully repaired the boards of 20 Qualia 004's which had also stopped working completely or continuously, I need advice on how to find and remove the right board to send to be repaired.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot me an email to curtpalme at shaw.ca

I have a test projector here to test the boards in now. To sum up, it's the board under the top cover that is sort of triangular in shape. It's up against the side wall of the set, and has about 20 connectors going to it. 5 or 6 screws remove it, and all of the connectors unplug. Take pix though as you disconnect them, as many look similar.

I'll send you instructions on how to send the board in as well.

Thanks!
Curt
Nautilus

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: power defect Sony Qualia 004 beamer Reply with quote

I have also a Sony Qualia 004 beamer. It worked great until a suddenly shortage in the homecircuit of my house, I think. My qualia seems 'dead', no power after the mains supply seems to be the course. The 15 A fuse is alrigth on board, I tested it. But nothing turns on, not the fan, not the lcd screen, not the bulb or otherwise. Nothing happens. What can be the course? It looks like the same problem as posted before. Can someone (Curt?) help me please? I live in the Netherlands. Is there a possibility to maintain a servicemanual or instructions how to repair?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: