Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

lumagen HDQ and Barco 1209s

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: lumagen HDQ and Barco 1209s Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have some problem getting picture on my BARCO 1209s from my lumagen HDQ.

Dune base 3 – hdmi to dvi – lumagen HDQ (RGBHV) – Barco 1209s

When I start up the PJ it makes the klick noise of searching for input but no picture.
This is probably due to not valid levels been send to the PJ.
The lumagen is set to factory default.
I can’t get any picture so I can’t also change to the correct values.
Also the sync of the H AND V cant change due to no picture.

Maybe there are built in resolution that a can start from?
Or any other help to get picture
Thanks
Shay
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No video processor will convert HDMI or DVI to RGBHV. You need to feed the DVI output of the Lumagen to either the Moome Barco card, or an HDFury II or 3, if you can still find one. The Barco internal card is available on the main site.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Barco HDMI card is here: http://www.curtpalme.com/BARCO-FULLHD.shtm

It's designed specifically for use with Barco CRT projectors like yours.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: I got a picture before Reply with quote

The lumagen did that. I sew a wonderful picture with the exact timing And it was working great.
But probably something on the setup of the lumagen went wrong
I need to start from scratch and I don't know how.
If there is like fixed value that I can give the lumagen for a start and then to apply the fine tuning of the picture
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I have connected the lumagen to my digital flat computer screen.
And there are two input
1. DVI
2. VGA
And I get picture on both inputs.
I can even see that on the VGA input the picture needs shifting to the right due to incorrect timing.
So How come that on my flat screen I can get picture and not on my BARCO ?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes no sense at all that the Lumagen is converting a DVI input to RGBHV. It cannot and will not do that. I am assuming that you mean that the Lumagen has two OUTPUTS.

It could be that the Lumagen is outputting postiive sync, the Barco needs a negative sync output, otherwise you'll get no image.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think you can get a picture with the signal change you describe because the DUNE does not enforce HDCP.

The Barco does need H/V sync adjusted, can you do this on your monitor and then take the Lumagen back to the projector?

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Craig and curt
Thanks for your support.

If the digital flat screen can take the RGBHV output from the lumagen then probably 3 option for the problem

1. incorrect sync polarity (should be H negative and V negative)?
2. incorrect rezulotion or timing values?
3. problem with the PJ also? if so how can i check that?

Thanks
shay .
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

SPL800 wrote:
Craig and curt
Thanks for your support.

If the digital flat screen can take the RGBHV output from the lumagen then probably 3 option for the problem

1. incorrect sync polarity (should be H negative and V negative)?
2. incorrect rezulotion or timing values?
3. problem with the PJ also? if so how can i check that?

Thanks
shay .

I forget what polarity the Barco uses for H/V, I'm sure a Barco expert can chime in.

Try hooking your computer to the Barco and see what works or not. I think you should be able to run 1080p 60Hz with standard timings... right Barco guys?

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Thanks Craig
I think that the problem is in the BARCO
I have connected a laptop with VGA output and also no pic
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two possibilities: the RGB switcher board could be bad, or what happens sometimes is that the RGBHV cables under the motherboard snap off, causing loss of signal. If either the H or V shielded cable snaps, then you'll lose th esignal. Taking the case off to expose the bottom of the motherboard is actually pretty easy to do. 6 large bolts hold the chassis to the case bottom, plus one screw on the underside of the keypad, and it lifts right off. If you have a spare RGB Switcher board and quad decoder, try that first, if not then I have them.

Thanks!
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Thanks Curt
Is there an indicator light or any alert that can show me if there is a problem of any kind?
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Barco Port 3 as an RGBHV Input.. Reply with quote

i have vga-d9 cable.
can i try this also to solve the problem?
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
It makes no sense at all that the Lumagen is converting a DVI input to RGBHV. It cannot and will not do that. I am assuming that you mean that the Lumagen has two OUTPUTS.

It could be that the Lumagen is outputting postiive sync, the Barco needs a negative sync output, otherwise you'll get no image.

My HDQ absolutely, definitely, positively takes HDMI (via DVI adapter) inputs and outputs them via RGBHV, PROVIDED that there is not ALSO an active link from its DVI output to an HDMI or DVI input card on the projector.

When I connect the cable that connects the HDQ to the Moome input card, then the analog RGBHV outputs are shut off.

The HDQ does have both a DVI output and analog RGBHV outputs. If the digital output has a good link, the analog outputs shut off.

I just checked this and was very, very careful about it.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, but I'd assume then that the HDMI source has no HDCP encryption? The HDCP police is out there, that's what finally shut the Fury down..
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unable to determine if HDCP is active. For me to test this setup earlier today, I watched The Avengers on Blu-Ray. No device that strips HDCP was in the system. In fact I don't have any such device.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must correct my previous comments as there was something in play that I honestly had not seen, or looked for.

I did not notice that I had component cables connected between the HDQ and the player in addition to an HDMI cable.

The HDQ was looking at the component cables which allowed either output to be used.

With the component cables removed from the system, I was NOT able to get an image other than "HDCP INPUT, OUTPUT DISABLED" when the source was via HDMI (with HDCP encoded content) and the selected output was DVI. (Or HDMI after the adapter.)

Curt was right, I flat out was misled by my own setup.

Sorry about that.

This does underscore the importance of having an HDMI (or DVI) input card in your CRT projector, because the scaler isn't allowed to output analog if HDCP is present.

It's a stupid rule created by people who are paranoid and just smart enough to be dangerous, but we have to live with it.
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
I must correct my previous comments as there was something in play that I honestly had not seen, or looked for.

I did not notice that I had component cables connected between the HDQ and the player in addition to an HDMI cable.

The HDQ was looking at the component cables which allowed either output to be used.

With the component cables removed from the system, I was NOT able to get an image other than "HDCP INPUT, OUTPUT DISABLED" when the source was via HDMI (with HDCP encoded content) and the selected output was DVI. (Or HDMI after the adapter.)

Curt was right, I flat out was misled by my own setup.

Sorry about that.

This does underscore the importance of having an HDMI (or DVI) input card in your CRT projector, because the scaler isn't allowed to output analog if HDCP is present.

It's a stupid rule created by people who are paranoid and just smart enough to be dangerous, but we have to live with it.

You just need something to strip HDCP like a Moome MUX-HD. So BD player to MUX-HD to Lumagen DVI input. Either Lumagen output will then produce a 1080p image and both output can be active at the same time.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of those HDMI splitters that is supposed to strip HDCP but apparently it doesn't actually do that.

I'd pay a small premium for one that is proven to actually do it.
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
I bought one of those HDMI splitters that is supposed to strip HDCP but apparently it doesn't actually do that.

I'd pay a small premium for one that is proven to actually do it.

Moome MUX-HD definitely works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: