Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Game of Thrones S-5 and S-6

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Game of Thrones S-5 and S-6 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
This series has really taken a dive for season 5, a pity really as 1 thru 4 were very good and deviations from the story line were understandable. The books were just way too complex for a 40 episode TV show so some story arcs were shortened and simplified, even with this "dumbing down", many viewers found it too complex to follow so I feel like they struck a good balance between the books and the show for the first 4 seasons.

However in season 5 the story line really goes off the rails and gets completely "Jacksonized" . The changes are pure nonsense and I'm having a hard time following the mish-mash of what they're doing. Fans have actually asked Martin "what the hell is going" and been told that he does not in fact hold the narrative rights to the show and did not write any of the material for S-5, it really shows Crying or Very sad

worse yet, The TV show will wrap up the story before the books, with an abridged version that might end in a similar way. Since I'm a huge fan of the books, and a waning fan of the show, looks like I will be bowing out of the HBO series after this season
View user's photo album (2 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No GOT fans on here? you bunch of lame asses.

S-6 E-1 aired last night on HBO now. Pic and sound were excellent, best I've seen on streaming.

Story line is weak since it departed from the books, and they jump around too much simply because there's too many characters in the book to cover in a 40 minute episode, but it was still very enjoyable. Well tailored to today's attention deficit disorder populace.
nettwerkjohn

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to see series 6, but I'll have to wait until we dock in Mauritius in 4 or so months time. At least I'll be able to binge watch the whole season. Should keep me busy for, oh, aboutb3 days. Then it's the ungodly wait for the next season.

I sure wish Martin would finish the next books....
View user's photo album (1 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nettwerkjohn wrote:
I sure wish Martin would finish the next books....
amen to that, the next book is what, 2 years late. HBO is partly to blame and I would gladly trade the show for another book
Bucketfoot

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely enjoy the show, but like has been said would really like to get the finished books.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones S-5 and S-6 Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
This series has really taken a dive for season 5, a pity really as 1 thru 4 were very good and deviations from the story line were understandable. The books were just way too complex for a 40 episode TV show so some story arcs were shortened and simplified, even with this "dumbing down", many viewers found it too complex to follow so I feel like they struck a good balance between the books and the show for the first 4 seasons.

However in season 5 the story line really goes off the rails and gets completely "Jacksonized" . The changes are pure nonsense and I'm having a hard time following the mish-mash of what they're doing. Fans have actually asked Martin "what the hell is going" and been told that he does not in fact hold the narrative rights to the show and did not write any of the material for S-5, it really shows Crying or Very sad

worse yet, The TV show will wrap up the story before the books, with an abridged version that might end in a similar way. Since I'm a huge fan of the books, and a waning fan of the show, looks like I will be bowing out of the HBO series after this season

Totally agree.

Though I think the very end of season four is when things started going downhill.

In any event, I am not sure I am going to bother to watch season six after how terrible season five was. I'll wait to see what others think of season six and then possibly watch and binge if I like it.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones S-5 and S-6 Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Though I think the very end of season four is when things started going downhill.

In any event, I am not sure I am going to bother to watch season six after how terrible season five was. I'll wait to see what others think of season six and then possibly watch and binge if I like it.

craigr
6 is not bad, it's better than 5 and once I accepted the fact that it's no longer George Martins Song of ICe and FIRE but a TV show from Weiss and Debenioff then you can kick back and enjoy the production quality and all the good actors. Some scenes still seem "forced and clunky" , awkward I guess and not fluid to the story but overall it's good and was fun to watch for 10 episodes. A LOT of things happen and the story progresses quickly
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones S-5 and S-6 Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
6 is not bad, it's better than 5 and once I accepted the fact that it's no longer George Martins Song of ICe and FIRE but a TV show from Weiss and Debenioff then you can kick back and enjoy the production quality and all the good actors. Some scenes still seem "forced and clunky" , awkward I guess and not fluid to the story but overall it's good and was fun to watch for 10 episodes. A LOT of things happen and the story progresses quickly

I finished 6 two nights ago and I agree, it's much better than 5 was. I also like the fact that things actually happened this season and some progress was made. Season 6 didn't make me so depressed as 5 after watching that I wanted to kill myself so that's an improvement Surprised

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones S-5 and S-6 Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Season 6 didn't make me so depressed as 5 after watching that I wanted to kill myself so that's an improvement Surprised

craigr
LOL
I'm into S2 of Vikings, starting to really like it . I know it's an older show but it's a good one
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: