Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

NEW TO CRT PROJECTORS? READ THIS FIRST!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: NEW TO CRT PROJECTORS? READ THIS FIRST! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Here are some useful links:

Want to add an HDMI input to your projector to watch HD-DVD/Blu-ray/etc? See HDMI cards and Mods.
New to CRT Projectors? Read the CRT Primer/FAQ first!
Want to know about the various signal types such as composite, component, RGBHV, HDMI and how to hook them all up? Read the Hooking it all up section of the CRT Primer.
Looking for Manuals, or Setup Tips? See the FAQ, Tips, Manuals area.
Looking for CRT Projector Specifications? See here.
Having problems? Read the Troubleshooting Tips section first.
Want to know how good a projector is? See the Projector Rankings page.
Looking for advanced mods or tweaks? See the Advanced Procedures area.
NEW! Need help with your CRT projector setup? See the Definitive CRT Projector Setup Guide.
NEW! Want to get the best colours out of any display (not just CRT)? See our GREYSCALE CALIBRATION FOR DUMMIES guide.

Want to support this forum? Become a Club Member or purchase from Amazon.com & eBay.com using these affiliate links and a small percentage is automatically used to cover forum hosting fees at no cost to you. We thank you!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you say that ""Don't have the patience for the best image quality possible? Buy a Digital Projector.""

Do you mean that best image quality possible is a CRT. Based on what? Black level? Total black? what a bout the rest of the picture?
So you mean that your JVC DLA-RS56 is not better than a CRT?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I wrote that in 2007. It was also done someone tongue-in-cheek given the smiley face after the comment. Wink

That said, back then I truly believed that the best image quality was available through CRT. In 2007 digital did some things better but a lot of things (IMHO) were better with CRT. Back then I had not seen much I'd switch for.

Fast forward to today (2013). Some will argue that CRT does better with motion and lowest black level (near black) while digital does just about everything else better. It's up to the end user to decide what's right with them. I've removed that line from the initial post.

Kal

Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kal"]Ha! I wrote that in 2007. It was also done someone tongue-in-cheek given the smiley face after the comment. Wink

That said, back then I truly believed that the best image quality was available through CRT. In 2007 digital did some things better but a lot of things (IMHO) were better with CRT. Back then I had not seen much I'd switch for.

Fast forward to today (2013). Some will argue that CRT does better with motion and lowest black level (near black) while digital does just about everything else better. It's up to the end user to decide what's right with them. I've removed that line from the initial post.

Kal[/quote]

You got me hehe Smile
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Diddern"][quote="kal"]Ha! I wrote that in 2007. It was also done someone tongue-in-cheek given the smiley face after the comment. Wink

Kal[/quote]

You got me hehe Smile[/quote]
I would disagree with this statement 100% as digital is a big step down to a MP modded marquee!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs Up

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh Greg, you like stirring the pot as much as the digital guys. Why drag up a post from 2013?

Really, this digital vs CRT argument got old about 5 years ago. Stop it please.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg9518lc wrote:
I would disagree with this statement 100% as digital is a big step down to a MP modded marquee!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs Up

That's a completely nonsensical blanket statement. It's impossible for one CRT device to be better in all aspects than all digitals.

Kal

greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tired of seeing didderon post on thread😃 Relax but still stand by my words. See you at the meet.
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, won't be making this one. I'm sure I'll see pix though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: