Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Concussion w Will Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Concussion w Will Smith Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
anyone see this ? Excellent movie
We had already seen the front line documentary and thought this might be a little boring due to that fact but i was wrong. It was very well done, good acting, and just a riveting movie.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - I had not heard of it:

Concussion

Disclaimer: Using the affiliate links above helps support our forum at no extra cost to you. We thank you!

"Will Smith stars in Concussion, a dramatic thriller based on the incredible true David vs. Goliath story of American immigrant Dr. Bennet Omalu, the brilliant forensic neuropathologist who made the first discovery of CTE, a football-related brain trauma, in a pro player and fought for the truth to be known. Omalu’s emotional quest puts him at dangerous odds with one of the most powerful – and beloved – institutions in the world. With captivating performances by Alec Baldwin and Academy Award® nominee Albert Brooks (1987 Best Supporting Actor, Broadcast News)."

Came out about 3 months ago and selling for cheap too.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be really good. It's on our "must-watch" list.

SC

PS - Fixed your link, Kal... The text said "The Hateful Eight". Wink
View user's photo album (10 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair warning to rabid football fans, this will not leave you with a "warm fuzzy feeling". If you paint your face or wear piece of foam cheese on your head, maybe skip this one. Wink
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha... I guess I won't have a problem with it, then. I watch the Super Bowl and like 2-3 Broncos games or whatever the entire season.

My wife won't even let my son play flag football. She's worked with too many people trying to help them learn to speak again after a head injury.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
My wife won't even let my son play flag football. She's worked with too many people trying to help them learn to speak again after a head injury.

SC
brutal Sad
might want to have a box of tissues ready , there's some really sad parts to this.

My kids played one season of tackle football when they were 6 and 7, they still haven't forgiven me for making them finish the season " NO QUITTING" and all that "Proper parenting" stuff" . They were sure to remind me again while we watched the movie, and Looking back now, I can't believe we made them do it.

Live and learn , at least everyone knows now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: