Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HDFury to end sale of the classic HDMI to Analog HDfury

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donaldk

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: HDFury to end sale of the classic HDMI to Analog HDfury Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
HDFury to end sale of the classic HDMI to Analog HDfury, clear-out sale Email says the sale/stocks will last for a week.
donaldk

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDFury settles to end sale of the classic HDMI to Analog HDfury

Pulled immediately due to confidential settlement
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good to go with my HDFury 2. What is the alternative if mine fails or somebody needs a one?
JVCCharles

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: HDFury 3 won't work through Yamaha RX-A850 Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Any help would be super appreciated. I have a new HD fury 3 and a Yamaha RX-A850 that I want to connect to a Sony G90 CRT. The fury logo lights up and works well if I go direct from DirecTV or Samsung Blu-ray to the CRT, but not if I try to go through the receiver...nothing! It doesn't light up and doesn't pass a signal. I can't even get the yamaha menus to show up. If I send signal to current model LCD TV, no problem. I have down rez'd t0 1080i and updated firmware to no avail. I also tried to go through a signal splitter. When I went through the splitter the green light for output slowly blinked instead of staying on...what gives?

I asked Curt but he was unsure what to try next....Any ideas?? Anyone??

huge thanks in advance.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd recommend you just buy the Sony version of Moome's HDMI input card. Problem well solved.

I've heard many people complaining about the HDMI ports on receivers. If I took every receiver I've ever been offered, for FREE, no less, because one or more HDMI ports weren't working, I'd have enough that if I used them as building blocks, I would have made a good start on building the walls of a separate garage.

The HDMI connector is frankly a lousy design. Cheap, lightweight, NOT able to accept much punishment at all. There's no physical robustness to it. So it's easily damaged.
JVCCharles

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CMJohnson. I agree, that HDMI stinks but I don't think my situation is due to damage...works great to other displays just not the HDfury to G90. The Moome peice is probably what I'll have to do...was just hoping to get the fury to work. Thanks.
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVCCharles wrote:
Thanks CMJohnson. I agree, that HDMI stinks but I don't think my situation is due to damage...works great to other displays just not the HDfury to G90.
it's the Gawd-dammed HDCP issue, almost without doubt. Failing to make the hand-shake, or not seeing the HDCP compliance, or whatever. Dam lawyers

There's some cheap Chinese HDMI splitters off flea-bay for $25. that "just happen to" strip the HDCP and remove this problem.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=387459#387459
View user's photo album (2 photos)
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those. Can't say for sure if it actually removes HDCP or not but I figured I'd better get one while the getting's good.
JVCCharles

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Thank You Draganm! ...and a just a small issue. Reply with quote

I bought that cheap splitter and it cured the problem--- I have an image!!! Thank you so much for posting that.

New issue (but one I can live with) is the image goes dark like unless I change the input to S-video and then back again. I only have to do this once and I am good to go, but I have to each time I switch sources. The clamp menu is grayed out...can't be adjusted...even in pro mode. Any ideas would be appreciated....but again, I can live this. So glad to be up and running! Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: