Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Got a Sony kd-34XBR970 today
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Got it pretty much fixed just have a few more tweaks and it will be as near perfect as I can get it and a whole lot better then it was when I got the set(at least I can read the text on screen without it sagging on one end Rolling Eyes (yea that was annoying as heck)

I have to say it is amazingly sharp and crisp now on the picture if only it had the sharper tube but that's wishful thinking haha

Will post a pic when I get it done

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! A couple of suggestions (now that I'm late to the party):

1. When carrying the Trinitrons (and any CRT's in general), first lay them face DOWN and carry them in this position. All the weight is up front, even more so with Trinitrons because of their design. Carrying them face down evens out the weight distribution, and suddenly, carrying 230 lbs of CRT ain't so bad anymore.

2. Do yourself a favor and research the SM threads in AVS. There are a couple of "gotchas" in the Service Menu that could leave you inadvertently clearing EVERYTHING from the television and effectively bricking it.
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will keep the face down tip in mind next time I move it

I already looked at the tips on the service menu before I even messed with anything now the set looks amazing(to the point I am using it more then I am my projectors haha

I love it

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the big E wrote:
I will keep the face down tip in mind next time I move it

I already looked at the tips on the service menu before I even messed with anything now the set looks amazing(to the point I am using it more then I am my projectors haha

I love it

Sweet. I assume the 970 is also a Super Fine Pitch?
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but I wonder if it's really noticeable

It still gives a great picture even without the super fine pitch tube

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the big E wrote:
No but I wonder if it's really noticeable

It still gives a great picture even without the super fine pitch tube

Super Fine Pitch is 1440 lines versus 853 lines with Hi-scan, so I would think that the difference would be quite noticeable. Either way, you have a great TV. Smile

EDIT: I had a Hi-scan once, it was a 32-inch 4:3 model, but 1080i looked superb on it.
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say so with that much of a difference in resolution

I have a Phillips tv that is like that(I think) but since I have this Sony I am thinking of selling the Phillips set

If my iPhone's camera wasn't going nutty on me(it's under the recall Apple has just haven't got it fixed) I would post a screen shot of the set since I got it strightened out on the picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: