Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Rate these tubes. Happy customer or not happy customer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have done this earlier, but better late than never.

I've started recording the G2 drive values required for each tube under identical operating conditions,
contrast and brightness at 50, drive at 50, G2 set to what is necessary to barely turn on the second darkest
block in the internal greyscale pattern.

The idea is to match up sets so that all the tubes in a set require similar G2 levels, which should help with greyscale tracking.

I will have to start going through tubes I've previously tested to get this G2 level data on each one but it doesn't take long to do it.

Every CRT is tested in the same test projector with the same neck card so it should be a very good test for picking out tubes that
behave in a similar manner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: