Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

It ain't over until the fat lady syncs

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: It ain't over until the fat lady syncs Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I noticed my wife's iPad Air 2 wasn't syncing all iTunes music. The iTunes is running on her late 2011 27" iMac running the original Lion OS X. A couple of nights ago I noticed the music was set to manually sync, which was not standard. I changed that and was warned that music on the iPad would now match with what was in iTunes on the iMac.

Okay, but it isn't doing that. I left the iPad connected directly to the iMac for a day. Nothing synced. I used the Apply and Sync options in iTunes on the iMac, and also went into the iPad and click the button. I then disconnected it and plugged it into the charger since Sync over Wifi while charging has always been enabled. Still, not syncing.

While I admit that there must be 30-40GB of music on the iMac's iTunes (all ripped from CDs), we are talking about a 128GB iPad Air 2. Anyone got any ideas on what to try?

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I posted this very topic on an Apple-centric website (MacRumors). It got >300 views and not a single reply. I first thought it was because the Artist information was incorrect. For instance, the newest CD the wife bought was Prince, but the artist information only said Various Artist. I changed that to Prince, which allowed me to grab the Album Cover Art, but it still does not show up under 'Artists' view.

And then the wife bought Jess Glynne CD and it is showing under Albums view, but not Artists view even though the artists information is correct. The new[er] music is showing up on the iPad Air 2, but you have to hunt by album and not by artist and apparently no one knows why.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: