Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

End of HDFury email

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mc86

TV/Projector: ECP 4500 (Vidikron box), ECP4500+, wanting 07MS/07MTS, evaluating pc soft-blend

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: End of HDFury email Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone else get the end-of-HDFury emails this morning?

I was a bit surprised they were still making them, but admittedly hadn't looked in two years. I have the HDF3 -- but moving to the HDF4 would never make sense unless I needed HDMI 1.4 compliance. By the time I upgrade to anything needed that, I'll have a used RS55 or something anyway. Wink

Matt
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: End of HDFury email Reply with quote

mc86 wrote:
Anyone else get the end-of-HDFury emails this morning?

I was a bit surprised they were still making them, but admittedly hadn't looked in two years. I have the HDF3 -- but moving to the HDF4 would never make sense unless I needed HDMI 1.4 compliance. By the time I upgrade to anything needed that, I'll have a used RS55 or something anyway. Wink

Matt

Wonder why?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: End of HDFury email Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Wonder why?
well the message implies that the HDCP lawyers finally caught up to them. Not too surprised, France's economy and banking system are well within the " new world order"
If you need one, or think you might need one, better grab one now . The Fury " mini" was only 89 bucks

The End of HDMI to Analog HDfury!

It is with a heavy heart that we must share the sad news: All below devices will have to be removed in less than a week.

HDfury Gamer1 RGB
HDfury Gamer2 Component/Stereo
HDfury Gamer2 RGB/Stereo
HDfury2 RGB/Component/Stereo
HDfury3 RGB/Component/5.1
HDfury4 (3Dfury) HDMI/DVI-D/RGB/Component/5.1

Hurry Up, it's NOW or NEVER! Installers and integrators can still get their hands on the very last HDfury HDMI to Analog units available, we have run additional testing on all units still in stock to ensure - as always - that all purchased units are perfectly working out of the box. It is expected that the retail price on the market for these HDMI to Analog HDfury units will SKYROCKET shortly after they are removed from our catalog. We recommend anyone who plan to order some quantity in advance to test each unit at arrival so we can replace any of them immediately in case of problem.

We want to thank all our fans for their business, their friendship and their support over the years, we especially appreciated to read the encouraging comments made on various virtual places where our lawsuit was discussed. Sadly, we cannot win based on public opinion.. only a huge pile of $ can.

Please keep the business offers and partnership proposals coming to us from all around, we might eventually answer some of them positively.

That's all Folks!
What appears to be the End, may really be a new Beginning.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad, it was a niche product to help keep us dinosaurs running, and help system integrators send HDMI around a building after converting to RGBHV.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An end which leads to other new beginnings.
View this email in your browser

Not even a week or a day, it's already over.
We are sorry, but in order to continue our operations, we have the regret to inform you that the below products are now unavailable to purchase. They won't be offered anymore through our website.

You will now assist in the next minutes at the erasing of a ten years old legend: HDfury.

*** We just have been informed by our legal counsel that we must pull all of the below products immediately due to a pending confidential settlement we are reaching, and that it will not, in fact, be available for the following week. However, we are making upgrades to our other available products that we are confident will make you more pleased once you try them out! An end to the products below, but new beginnings for our other products. We apologize for the confusion, if any, that the last communication caused. ***

HDfury Gamer1 RGB
HDfury Gamer2 Component/Stereo
HDfury Gamer2 RGB/Stereo
HDfury2 RGB/Component/Stereo
HDfury3 RGB/Component/5.1
HDfury4 (3Dfury) HDMI/DVI-D/RGB/Component/5.1

Check those links disappearing in real time. NOW AS IT HAPPENS!
That isn't everything, in the next hours the whole website will be fully cleaned.

That's all Folks!
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really weird, from " we're closing in a Week" to " we are shutting down immediately" to "the web-site is about to disappear". What hell, did the Gestapo pay them a visit?

Weirdest part of all is they're talking about "re-releasing some products better than ever". What does that mean?
paw

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they were slapped again

Unfortunately, we now have another sad news to share with you: All below remaining devices might have to be removed within a week.

HDfury Splitter 4K UHD (HDMI1.4, up to 4K60 4:2:0 8b)
HDfury Splitter 4K UHD/PRO (HDMI1.4, up to 4K60 4:2:0 8b)
PCI-MATRIX 44UHD (HDMI1.4, up to 4K60 4:2:0 8b)
HDfury Nano GX (RGB/Gamma-X/Stereo)
HDfury 4S (Scaler) HDMI/DVI-D/RGB/Component/5.1
Dr.HDMI (HDMI 1.4 EDID Pro Tool)

As you can probably see the whole picture now, there is chance that HDfury.com will end up by carrying HDMI2.0a/HDCP2.2 Digital products only such as HDfury Integral, 4K 600MHz always working cables, and upcoming planned disruptive device such as our 1080p60 <> 4K60 UP/DOWN scaler that support (among others) advanced conversion like 4K60 4:2:0 10b > 1080p 4:4:4 10b or 4K24 4:4:4 12b > 1080p24 4:4:4 12b. We are confident that we will again bring smile ears to ears to many High End HDMI1.x and HDMI 2.x equipment owners and manufacturers shortly.

So Hurry Up, it's NOW or NEVER! Installers and integrators can still get their hands on the very last HDfury HDMI 1.x to HDMI 1.x or HDMI 1.x to Analog units available, we have run additional testing on all units still in stock to ensure - as always - that all purchased units are perfectly working out of the box. We recommend anyone who plan to order some quantity in advance to test each unit at arrival so we can replace any of them immediately in case of problem.

We want to thank all our fans for their business, their friendship and their support over the years.
Please keep the offers and partnership proposals coming to us from all around, we might eventually answer some of them positively.

There will be heavy changes in the next couple of weeks on both our catalog and our website. We hope that this present email is the last sad news we ever have to share with you.

That's all Folks!
What appears to be the End, may really be a new Beginning.

I wonder what will happen to the stuff they couldn't sell?

draganm

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I would consider their splitter but for $99. is needs to have more than 2 output ports. I'm probably missing the real purpose of some of this stuff anyway. The splitter has some kind of USB port for custom EDID? Not even sure what that is

Oh well, their $89. HDMI mini is a good choice IMO

Quote:
As you can probably see the whole picture now, there is chance that HDfury.com will end up by carrying HDMI2.0a/HDCP2.2 Digital products only such as HDfury Integral, 4K 600MHz always working cables, and upcoming planned disruptive device such as our 1080p60 <> 4K60 UP/DOWN scaler that support (among others) advanced conversion like 4K60 4:2:0 10b > 1080p 4:4:4 10b or 4K24 4:4:4 12b > 1080p24 4:4:4 12b. We are confident that we will again bring smile ears to ears to many High End HDMI1.x and HDMI 2.x equipment owners and manufacturers shortly.

I can see they plan to release a VP that will downscale 4Kto 1080P, that's cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: