Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

TAW Rock Pro or Lumagen Vision HDP???

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: TAW Rock Pro or Lumagen Vision HDP??? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have both but currently use the Lumagen. I'm trying to cleaning stuff I don't use/need. Which scaler would you recommend I keep?

Using NEC PG10 with HDFury. Only drawback I see right now is the TAW won't accept a 1080 signal where the Lumagen does.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you use the scaler for exactly?

If only for scaling you may no longer need it given that most sources have scalers built in now that works well enough. I never used one with my CRT projector given that my sources were either HTPC (a loooong time ago), PS3, satellite box, or AppleTV. All were able to scale sources to the 1080i/60 I used.

If you have specific needs and both give you what you need, I'd keep the Lumagen simply because that the company's still around and the scaler's more common if you need help.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I only need the scaler for on rare occasion to playback VHS or some of my old Hi8 videos. Other than that it's honestly useless. I'm going to stick with the Lumagen. The TAW will get recycled.

I had an HTPC back in 2001 when I got my first projector, ECP3101. Those were the days.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the reasons and the (low) quality of the source you need it for, any scaler will do. You won't notice the difference. So I'd definitely stick with the Lumagen.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: